Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Wearing a nice old Dobbs boater that I wore a year ago today.

082817.jpg

ceremony.jpg

082817_2.jpg

082817_3.jpg
A stunning photo and a STUNNING boater! I like the edge of the brim. It's different and extremely classy.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I picked up this Parabuntal several weeks ago and was bummed that it was too small. I immediately saw a counterfeit Stetson size tag that was attached with duct tape. Did Stetson ever market these? Maybe... And then I noticed there was duct tape around the entire circumference of the hat, under the satin sweatband. Well, today I was looking at it again. I thought the sweat was attached to the hat with the duct tape, but upon closer examination I saw the reeded sweat was sewn to the hat body. The duct tape is so old that the adhesive is brittle and just cracks off, so I started removing the tape... and then it finally dawned on me: this was some guy's barnyard version of foam spacer tabs because the hat was too big for him! Hope upon hope, as I removed all the tape and doubled over pieces in some spots.... woohoo! It does fit me now! Very stoked on this one, now.

As it so happens, my Borslino parabuntal is too big. It was marketed as a size 7-1/2, but it's also marked 61 cm, which I believe is the correct size.

Keep cool all of youse out their in the heat waves!

i-WCW3kJg-L.jpg

i-C5xp7J3-L.jpg

i-tv2gj5C-L.jpg

i-7LNzd9b-L.jpg

i-hW9NjCD-L.jpg

i-zgfdjct-L.jpg

Great work at resurrecting this beauty!! I'm very very glad to hear it works for you now! :)

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I'm wearing the "Stetson" in the pics. My Borsalino has the exact same satin sweatband, interestingly enough, but it's too big for me.

These hats are so light! I can't wear the Borsalino (size 61cm @Jeremy T Garner , hint, hint) or the slightest breeze would blow it away!
Haha, Hint received! :) I don't own a Borsalino and interestingly enough my birthday is coming up... seems like a perfect time to strike lol. ;) Are you looking to sell the Borsalino Doug?

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Sharp Panama Jeremy @Jeremy T Garner !
Thank you very much Michael!
Stylin my friend! I need to learn a proper bow tie, I've always loved the look. It takes commitment though.
Thank you sir. It took me a little while to get it down but it's fun to do. Though I am a bit of a perfectionist and am constantly fidgeting with the darn thing lol.
Damn, I missed the memo! Looking great as always, sir!
I just happened to see it posted online the other day and by some freak chance happened to remember this morning. Thank you very much for the kind words :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82