Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Very sharp Gene, handsome as ever in your Disney:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sorry Gene, but I think Jimmy's dog would chew up your fluffy flea and spit him out... I know our corgis would!

HarpPlayerGene said:
Disney Twenty for me today:
DSC_0003.jpg

And WATCH OUT, Jimmy's dog - THIS is what's in the background of my pic: lol
DSC_0001-1.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Don't know if they'd fight you over that. But if they did, of course you might want to give 'em a swift kick in the seat of their very ugly polyester pants (they'd proably show up hatless but not nekkid) wearing your most expensive leather shoes and wearing your hat...

Ephraim Tutt said:
Chanteuse...do you think they'd picket my house if I told 'em my hats are made of rabbit and beaver?

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Straw Hat with grayish blue pugaree

Recently aquired from another lounger. Woven in Equador, blocked and finished in Chicago, went to California and is now in Bavaria :)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
I did instigate alittle uprising and removed the scented candle.[huh]

Just think of the doily as keeping the hats off the furniture polish; scented candles however are perfectly appropriate to draw the line on. I don't see the guys at your construction sites appreciating hats that smell like lavender!;)

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:
Finallly, an evening to relax. Wearing my midnight TonyB, the Dillinger, modeled somewhat after the movie hat, but, I know, not the right color but perhaps for me a more versatile color.

IMG_1374.jpg

By the way, that's a RP VINTAGE 1992 cigar.:D

Bob, that hat is pure class, and that cigar is no slouch either! That is the picture of contentment. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Gorgeous Dreispitz, looking very handsome in this well traveled chapeaux, an excellent acquisition!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dreispitz said:
Recently aquired from another lounger. Woven in Equador, blocked and finished in Chicago, went to California and is now in Bavaria :)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, people! Yes, that Disney is one of my top favorites. I actually paid three figures to get that one and for me that's crazy, but I had to have it. :)

30e5_1.jpg

3a4c_1-1.jpg

----------------

Hey, 'spitz - that is one very fine Panama hat! The backweaving on the edge alone looks masterful and very tight. I wonder if when you wear that in your area does anyone truly appreciate what they're seeing as we do here on the Lounge.

Billy, those Adams suite you to a T. Cool how you have specialized in them.

Mario, you're on a roll, man! You've got a knack for picking up the right hats, no mystery about it.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
chanteuseCarey said:
Gorgeous Dreispitz, looking very handsome in this well traveled chapeaux, an excellent acquisition!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thank you Chanteuse! It is a "Traveller", indeed :)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Gene - coming from you, I feel kinda fluttered, really! :D
The mystery is in the brand, Atlanta. No one seems to know anything about it.

Great Disney, by the way! :eusa_clap Heck! The only two times where I was willing (and hoggish enough) to pay three figures for a hat, I got easily outbid - which saved me a lot of money...someone in heaven must be keeping a close watch on me in order to keep me from doing some really goofy things. ;)

Dreispitz

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey, 'spitz - that is one very fine Panama hat! The backweaving on the edge alone looks masterful and very tight. I wonder if when you wear that in your area does anyone truly appreciate what they're seeing as we do here on the Lounge.

Cheers! It is quite a fine weave and unusual style with the pugaree. I do get curious and positive looks, but I guess in terms of judging the quality or even recognise such hats as Panamas, the chances over here are very limited. Well, just another straw hat ;)

There is actualy one hatter in Munich currently stocking some overpriced superfinos with tacky kroko leather hatband. Was 2700 EUROS and is now on sale for O N L Y 1900 EUROS. Quite a high donn-a-new-panama-entry-barrier :(

By the way, who will recognise a fine vintage hat, over here, at all?? What is like in the US? Are your (or anybody else´s) hats recognised by the philistines out there?

BobC

HarpPlayerGene said:
Disney Twenty for me today:
DSC_0003.jpg
Gene! That one new? I don't remember seeing it before, but it's killer. Love the color combo, and you wear all of them so well.

Mr. Paladin said:
Just think of the doily as keeping the hats off the furniture polish; scented candles however are perfectly appropriate to draw the line on. I don't see the guys at your construction sites appreciating hats that smell like lavender!;)

You forgot about the purely manly Lord Byron's Smokers Candle. If she'll agree to that then you can have a candle present. ;) :D
crystal_candles_lord_byrons_smokers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe