Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I hereby second that, the wider brim looks wonderful on you! Good choice on this hat for your avatar.

jimmy the lid said:
Mario -- if you were wondering whether a wider brim suits you, wonder no more. Absolutely fantastic look! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Cheers,JtL

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
BEAUTIFUL!!!Sigh... And that tie is amazing...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
DOUGLAS said:
DSCN9263.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you all. Both hats are great although the 3X is on the block. I found the tie in LA . It is a Beau Brummel and was in unused condition. It was in the Ninties here in the city today with wonderfully high humidity. The Seersucker was all I could stand to wear.
RBH the brim is 2-1/2".

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Very nice Panama here marvelgoose, and Welcome to FL !! Btw, I love the bow tie in your avatar picture. I think more gents should try wearing bow ties...:) What does a Grade 3 mean??

marvelgoose said:
Merrill%20St%20Augustine%20Hat%20300x240.png

Today's hat shot with a cellphone camera in the backyard at lunch. This is from the Panama Hat Company of St Augustine. Their standard Panama Fedora with an optional larger black band. I have several other silk bands so I can change things up when I like.

The brim is 2 1/2" and turned down. The welt is folded under and sewn with a piece of monofillament in there to help the brim.

The crown is a low 3 3/4" and is lined underneath with a no-pinch support.

A nice looking hat that doesn't break the bank. For those who want to keep track of these things, its probably a Grade 3.

Goose.

Practically Family
Tonight, after some pasta crud for dinner with NO meat, I decided it was time for a snack. Still hungry at 10:30PM Pacific. Put on my Federation IV Carbon and hit the grill with a couple of Schwan's Corn Dogs.

Wife didn't say a word. Just looked at me kine gooofy. Hmmm...nothing seems to surprise her lately. Well, if she didn't love me, guess that she'd certify me (as nuts) for one of the following:

1> My husband is grilling microwavalbe county fair food at 10:30PM
2> He won't go out from the door to the grill (less than 10ft) w/o putting on a hat...ever.
3> Both "1" and "2"​

544206393_7M6Aq-S-1.jpg

Recylced pic...yet, same hat, grill, and 0'dark-thirty...my neighbors crack up that I grill all year, at all times. Today, wearing a black t-shirt...couldn't find my polo shirt ;)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo, yet another great look for you with this outfit! How many buttons does the blazer have? Seems like a bunch. Cool-you have a boater :) -very sharp! Is the boater cocked back on your head in an "attitude" you are giving us all in this picture or does it just seem to be?

Torpedo said:
Well... as previously mentioned, I planned to go to see Public Enemies on Friday. Knowing Dillinger wore a straw boater at the time of his demise, I thought this occassion was as good an excuse as any other to try one myself, too (not to be intended as an homage to a criminal, mind you), so I composed this:

DSC_0640bis.jpg

...and ready for the movies! Eventually, a series of unforeseen circumstances obliged me to adjourn the movie plans. I wore the above outfit anyway! ;) I will assemble another outfit next week... I think I will keep the boater idea. I like it :D .

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Goose. said:

544206393_7M6Aq-S-1.jpg

Recylced pic...yet, same hat, grill, and 0'dark-thirty...my neighbors crack up that I grill all year, at all times. Today, wearing a black t-shirt...couldn't find my polo shirt ;)
Hmmnn, 0'dark thirty, dark hat, black shirt............... HQ I'll be out Sig/13lol

Mario

I'll Lock Up
1961 Mayser Superbe (as Gene pointed out, this seems to be Mayser's Playboy clone). Seconds after the photo was taken, I noticed that the string of the wind trolley had slipped over the ribbon and tried to pull it back down. Well, it just HAD to snap, right? It's one of these days... ;)

JtL, Carey - thanks for you kind comments! You're lifting my spirits. :)

mayser_superbe_08_18_09.jpg

Mr. Paladin

indycop said:
Hmmnn, 0'dark thirty, dark hat, black shirt............... HQ I'll be out Sig/13lol

Those are some beady eyes in that shot. I've seen that look many times; its the "Where the @#$% did you come from!?" look.:D

Mr. Paladin

Great hats all around, gentlemen...er...and ladies! Too many to single out but each one a winner.

Bob, its not a cattleman, for sure, but I'll get you a shot in one soon I bet!

Goose, I actually only smile for Lounge pics. I have no sense of humor otherwise. Must have forgotten where I was...:D

Torpedo

One Too Many
Mario, you are definitely in the right track with those wider brimmed hats :) .
Douglas, an outstanding ensemble!

chanteuseCarey said:
Torpedo, yet another great look for you with this outfit! How many buttons does the blazer have? Seems like a bunch. Cool-you have a boater :) -very sharp! Is the boater cocked back on your head in an "attitude" you are giving us all in this picture or does it just seem to be?

Well, just three buttons. The boater is cocked back a little, but the angle of the photo adds to the impression, too. And thanks for the flattering comments, also! :eek:

Torpedo

One Too Many
A decidedly summer look for today!

DSC_0709bis.jpg

A friend made a remark about this outfit reminding him of some Cuban character ;) .

Sunglasses are vintage, BTW. I believe modern-design sunglasses do not combine well with hats, but vintage designs (or retro modern styles) do.

Hat is a VS Montecristi Optimo. Weave count is on the lower side, but the overall look is fine to me. He put a dark brown ribbon on it, with one of his trademark elaborate boxed bow designs.

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Wow, Torp! Now that's one relaxed look you're sporting there! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

And your friend is spot on with his remark about that touch of Cubanisimo...there is something decidedly slick to that outfit - the moment I looked at it, I asked myself: what the heck is he going to try to sell me...? ;) :D I really love those sunglasses...

And thanks for your nice comment. I'm feeling better and better wearing those wider brimms. :D

Torpedo said:
A decidedly summer look for today!

DSC_0709bis.jpg

A friend made a remark about this outfit reminding him of some Cuban character ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe