Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
Fantastic festivals and fedoras fotos, fellas. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

---------------------------

bakers44; you've got a good face for hats but I agree, that one's brim looks wrong that short. Then again, I'm just not a big fan of little brims. One thing which would help a touch is if you ease the blunt edge by sanding it somewhat sharper and rounded, y'know? 150 grit sandpaper to sort of hone the edge of that brim. It'll still be too short but won't look so obviously chopped.

:arated:

Ande1964

Practically Family
Miller Milan

I was wearing my Milan from Miller Hats today. I replaced the brown ribbon with this blue pug.

Anj

miller_milan.jpg

bakers44

New in Town
HarpPlayerGene said:
Fantastic festivals and fedoras fotos, fellas. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

---------------------------

bakers44; you've got a good face for hats but I agree, that one's brim looks wrong that short. Then again, I'm just not a big fan of little brims. One thing which would help a touch is if you ease the blunt edge by sanding it somewhat sharper and rounded, y'know? 150 grit sandpaper to sort of hone the edge of that brim. It'll still be too short but won't look so obviously chopped.

Yeah, I just trimmed the brim and forgot to sand the edge afterward. :eusa_doh:
Not that it matters all that much, I think I may see about just ripping the sweat and ribbon off it and use them on another one that I can actually work with. At least it was a valuable learning experience as there's several more things I know how to do now that I didn't before making this one. So at least is wasn't COMPLETELY pointless. ;)

----------

By the way, that Snowy River is one beast of a hat! What's the brim width on that sucker?

Warbaby

One Too Many
Another pug replacement...

I replaced the cheesy leather band on my Outback with a cream pugeree, courtesy of Rick Blaine (thanks again!). Wore it today to a kite festival down on the beach. The shirt is an almost vintage Eddie Bauer canvas shirt that I bought new 30 years ago. I think it's holding up rather well.

Puggaree5cr.jpg

Puggaree1cr.jpg

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
I say you are the one in red and black. Also those masks look similar to my old dry (before electric) sabre masks. Who won?

Good guess! We did not count hits on a competition base. Everyone showed good fighting spirit. I may say, I did not do too bad :D

After the grown ups had cleared the arena, the young "padawans" conquered people´s attendence.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
bakers44 said:
Photo1338.jpg

So what's eveyone think? Feel free to be explosively critical.

I think it looks great, but then I'm a big stingy fan. Good proportions. The brim would look better with a nice, tight curl flanged in. A binding on the brim would eliminate any "hacked-off" look. I'd also loosen the front pinch a bit.
And don't forget: federal law requires a colorful feather in the band of any super-stingy hat! I wouldn't want you getting picked up trying to cross state lines without appropriate plumage.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Jauntyone said:
federal law requires a colorful feather in the band of any super-stingy hat! I wouldn't want you getting picked up trying to cross state lines without appropriate plumage.
Touché :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Ande1964

Practically Family
RBH said:
I like that Anj!
It now has a real classic look to it.
The only thing I would do is wrap the pug so it points to the back of the hat.
Other wise it looks great!!

D'oh! Will do.

Thanks,
Anj

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
50's Champ

I can't get enough of this hat.. hopefully my recent E-Bay-victories will arrive this week so I can give this one some time-off! :)

..and, I have to get my girlfriend a nice hat too!! she looks fabulous! didn't realise women could look this wonderful in a fedora.. :eek:

DSC00049.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Bookster Newsboy-cap

Custom-made Bookster-Gloucester newsboy-cap, summer-tweed, mustard with lightblueish grey windowpane.. Very comfy, full-bodied cap.

IMG_1841.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe