Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
3729030815_87ed708d3a_o.jpg

I love that Pacesetter, RLK. Resistol fedoras seem a bit out of the mainstream of ownership here on the Lounge (don't see many), but the hats themselves seem very nice. I just won a Resistol homburg off e-Bay which I will post soon.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
Great day for a western thin-ribbon -- ivory Stetson 3X...

Stetson3X-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Beautiful color on that one, Jimmy; I liked the fawn colored one a few pages back as well. Well done!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
lol lol lol lol

Go for it, ScottF!! Let's start a MOVEMENT. One day, perhaps, everyone with a thin ribbon Stratoliner or Open Road would just toss out those little strips of grosgrain in favor of bandanas or snakeskins or super wide swaths of vinyl or....

Hey, it's just my darned head - thin ribbons, homburgs, etc, just don't work on it. On the other hand, it's hard to imagine some of the guys in anything BUT a thin-ribbon.

I've even decided to go with a wide-ribbon on my Panama.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
You turn your back for a minute and the next thing you know there is page after page of winners. But Paddy and djgo-cat-go absolutely nailed it.:eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
FABULOUS Strat Gene, even better with this beautiful ribbon you added.

HarpPlayerGene said:
Well, I just checked in to see that it's a Stratoliner kind of week.
I happened to be wearing mine today also - but I've made an addition to it. I got the ribbon shown below from a fellow Lounger (I'm pretty sure it was Buler) and it matches up pretty well on this hat.
DSC_0008.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Great Gun Club BantamMan!! This picture of you on the boat enjoying the day is the BEST! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Bantam Man said:
Well, not exactly today. But actually it is the first picture of me on the Lounge. I'm not a wizard with digital camera's and all that.

The hat is a Stetson The Gun Club, a stiffened straw hat. Because of its wide brim, I use it as my Summer hiking hat.

The scenery is one of the canals of our city, our row-boat, and... the sun on a Sunday afternoon! :)

StetsonGunClub.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Wore one of my trusty work hats - a beat up old Beaver Brand - while building a little greenhouse in the back for Nicki.

CropBeaterHat.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Then, in the evening I switched up to a Knox Twenty and my gal took me out for a birthday dinner and movie. :)

DSC_0030.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Then, in the evening I switched up to a Knox Twenty and my gal took me out for a birthday dinner and movie. :)

DSC_0030.jpg

Nothing like a Knox Twenty! Happy Birthday!

I second what Chinaski said about Douglas and Bart - you guys have figured out what you look good in, and stuck with it. Same for Gene, Jtl, Bolthead...heck, pretty much everyone here.

I wore my Playboy all day - for a 3-mile walk along Puget sound, downtown to the market at lunch, then to a bad movie tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe