Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grande Borsalino, kindly shared by Anthony and lovingly restored by Bob Jessee.

my cup runneth over thanks to friends found on the Fedora Lounge.

Or possibly your "brim" runneth over? Sorry, I'm trying to pick up for Charlie today, and he's the master.

Incidentally, I've been meaning to ask: DO you ave an "everyday" hat? One that you grab more often than not or that hangs closer to the door? Just wondreing?

I find your refreshing smiling face more interesting then Erics Pine Boughs.

I agree with you, Bob. Seeing Moon's toothy grin each day is one of those things that I look forward to. Without it, today just seems incomplete. :(

Smiling face? Toothy grin? We talking about the same guy? :)

40Cal

One Too Many
I love the classic silverbelly Open Road but there is something extra special about these OR's in other color
I agree Tommy. I tend to gravitate toward the less common colors. Also doesn't hurt that I'm a big fan of brown hats! Any idea what other colors the OR came in?

EstherWeis

Vendor
tree%202016_zpsw2rg0vjx.jpg

3X Stetson

That is an awesome picture!
How tall are you? You look half giant in this :)

Or possibly your "brim" runneth over? Sorry, I'm trying to pick up for Charlie today, and he's the master.

Incidentally, I've been meaning to ask: DO you ave an "everyday" hat? One that you grab more often than not or that hangs closer to the door? Just wondering?

Good question. Not really. I do keep a small collection of hats in the front hall closet with the coats/jackets of the season. The idea was to have some quick grabbers for inclement weather. There are a couple of old Stetson westerns that I wear on rainy days, a brown Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe which is particularly comfortable but I wear it seldom. A little French/American back bow which I wear very infrequently. An early 20th century cloth hat that I wear when I rake leaves sometimes. My Tilley hat which I always wear in a downpour. Several berets which are great in the wind. And below the berets, a bunch of cloth caps and hats that I don't remember having bought. I think they grew there.

But the reality is that I really enjoy the morning exercise of picking out a hat to wear. Sorry for the long answer, but your question made me think!

Good question. Not really. I do keep a small collection of hats in the front hall closet with the coats/jackets of the season. The idea was to have some quick grabbers for inclement weather. There are a couple of old Stetson westerns that I wear on rainy days, a brown Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe which is particularly comfortable but I wear it seldom. A little French/American back bow which I wear very infrequently. An early 20th century cloth hat that I wear when I rake leaves sometimes. My Tilley hat which I always wear in a downpour. Several berets which are great in the wind. And below the berets, a bunch of cloth caps and hats that I don't remember having bought. I think they grew there.

But the reality is that I really enjoy the morning exercise of picking out a hat to wear. Sorry for the long answer, but your question made me think!
I envy your problem with choices.

Thanks. I have a fraction of your collection and while I enjoy picking what to wear, I seem to have a tendency to gravitate to a few specific ones at times. I try to keep the tree in the dining room rotated a bit so this doesn't happen, but it's hard sometimes.

My favorite hat is usually the one I just got.

tommyK

One Too Many
I agree Tommy. I tend to gravitate toward the less common colors. Also doesn't hurt that I'm a big fan of brown hats! Any idea what other colors the OR came in?

I wish the records were kept to know how many colors were made over the years. We've seen a couple of browns, some light greys and, I think a greenish color as well. that's all that comes to mind

That is an awesome picture!
How tall are you? You look half giant in this :)

Right? Although not a small man I'm only 5'10" (177.8 cm) I got in the way as my wife was taking a shot of the tree so not a planned shot but proof I was in Rockefeller Center

no need for a head shot... you've all seen this Moss Gannon enough on my head
... but every time I look at this hat I admire the perfect execution.
From the fine pouncing to the trimmings it is a masterpiece
For some reason the shot of the underside is the only photo to accurately capture the color
d00563d472454e9714f51d3e05c9f4e0.jpg

fca3bbd97d1902a60f678c6fea18a8e1.jpg

cc7d891b7cffddd2736088a70053a5c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow what a difference in the color in the photos. I luv the green in the worst way! Just beautiful! I need a green hat...

Miamibruno

One Too Many
no need for a head shot... you've all seen this Moss Gannon enough on my head
... but every time I look at this hat I admire the perfect execution.
From the fine pouncing to the trimmings it is a masterpiece
For some reason the shot of the underside is the only photo to accurately capture the color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moon, beautiful color. Thanks, again, for bringing Gannon to our attention. I'm in line for #2. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken