Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I've had derbies on the brain, so I grabbed a second hat o' the day on my way out the door with Gabe to join Rebecca for lunch at her job.

Knox Excellent Quality.

View attachment 61288
0e330ca1cbe243acbf23aaa977c6d2d9.jpg
ffe5674a39a81dd9dbe3a155645f4bba.jpg
c2f235760d885e207b010663dff96a4b.jpg
5d8b82ef1683a38e830f8c6b9f2e045c.jpg
5e207b0a34bac345368268aa9c4ff45d.jpg
That thing is beautiful, Matt!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Looking good in that derby! I really love the Knox logo in the liner, really detailed and colorful. What era is this beauty from?
Thanks Red,

Hmmm...

Since this one has "Ovalized Sixteenths Trade Mark" embossed on the sweatband, I'd say '30s or maybe early '40s (I believe I read somewhere on the Lounge that Knox was embossing that language where appropriate during that period. I think that Brad Bowers may have written that).

Of course, I'm often wrong (ask my fifteen year old son[emoji6]). So I'm throwing in a couple of shots here of the embossment and the label under the sweat (albeit a little blurry. Sorry). I'm hopeful that a mind better than mine will set me straight if I'm off the narrow path.
IMG_20161127_180615-picsay.png
IMG_20161127_180703-picsay.png

Enjoy the evening.

Matt

jackm

One of the Regulars

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Michael, Red and mmb!
I had been skeptical about whether I would like a bowler before I saw this one. Now, I want more!
The pea coat is a good match with it. I have a wool cashmere blend topcoat that would do well with it too.
Glad to read that you like it. It looks great on you.

In this doofus's opinion, the D'Orsay curl is one of the most elegant and stylish fashion innovations of all time. To me, it's the subtle differences between each derby that make them so nifty. Buy more! (but... No pressure, man.)

jackm

One of the Regulars
Headed out this morning in a vtg. Whippet. Enjoyed the foggy, humid morning as it rolled across the lake.

i-4xH6FCC-M.jpg

i-FgZpLhS-M.jpg

Had to come in to change hats as I need to get to do an unexpected chore. I choose a vtg. Adam fedora. I am removing a dead deer I found in the yard. My options are I can take care of it, call the city and pay or call a private contractor and pay. My brother and I am taking care of it after the local game warden comes over and gives permission.

i-cVWj4Lc-S.jpg
i-CRMfWR3-S.jpg

i-KRw9ZsG-S.jpg

An unexpected morning chore for me today.

Best, Eric -
That whippet is something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld