Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stetson Real Nutria

872eebef8d8cb5926ae037a39c7de35c.jpg

73bb30bdf6dde2e5cc88693d19adf14d.jpg
Stellar.

I like to get this hat out in the air a couple of times each year. It's a survivor from a time completely different from our world today. When this hat was sold around 1905 it was a three dollar alternative to the five dollar status quo. It might have been purchased by my great grandfather, a Galician Jew who had just landed in America seeking a better life for his young family. It might have been worn at a rally for a Republican president who saw the race for the White House as his bully pulpit. It might have made it out to see the Chicago Cubs, who would rack up the best winning percentage in baseball (a record that still stands today) in 1906 and go on to win their first World Series in 1907. If only hats could talk...

110416_1.jpg

110416_2.jpg

110416_5.jpg

110416_3.jpg

110416_8.jpg

110416_4.jpg

110416_6.jpg

Sadly, the great thread started and researched by #joshbru has many broken links. Perhaps it can be fixed.

Last edited:

EstherWeis

Vendor
I like to get this hat out in the air a couple of times each year. It's a survivor from time completely different from our world today. When this hat was sold around 1905 it was a three dollar alternative to the five dollar status quo. It might have been purchased by my great grandfather, a Galician Jew who had just landed in America seeking a better life for his young family. It might have been worn at a rally for a Republican president who saw the race for the White House as his bully pulpit. It might have made it out to see the Chicago Cubs, who would rack up the best winning percentage in baseball (a record that still stands today) in 1906 and go on to win their first World Series in 1907. If only hats could talk...

110416_1.jpg

110416_2.jpg

110416_5.jpg

110416_3.jpg

110416_8.jpg

110416_4.jpg

110416_6.jpg

Sadly, the great thread started and researched by #joshbru has many broken links. Perhaps it can be fixed.

AMAZING!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I like to get this hat out in the air a couple of times each year. It's a survivor from time completely different from our world today. When this hat was sold around 1905 it was a three dollar alternative to the five dollar status quo. It might have been purchased by my great grandfather, a Galician Jew who had just landed in America seeking a better life for his young family. It might have been worn at a rally for a Republican president who saw the race for the White House as his bully pulpit. It might have made it out to see the Chicago Cubs, who would rack up the best winning percentage in baseball (a record that still stands today) in 1906 and go on to win their first World Series in 1907. If only hats could talk...

110416_1.jpg

110416_2.jpg

110416_5.jpg

110416_3.jpg

110416_8.jpg

110416_4.jpg

110416_6.jpg

What a great hat and history to accompany it. Thanks again, Alan, for a meaningful post with a fabulous lid.

110416_1.jpg

110416_2.jpg

110416_5.jpg

110416_3.jpg

110416_8.jpg

110416_4.jpg

110416_6.jpg

Wow, what a great history Alan. Would a Jewish person from Galicia have been Sephardic?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Well, I decided to wear the Black Cherry Gannon to another appt with the doc. It's interesting the series of changes in the crease on this one. Michael said he tries to make his hats so they are easy to bash for the owner, and he wasn't kidding. This hat has seen no steam at all, yet it progressed from a center dent to a c-crease and then - just this morning - to a diamond that just fell into place as I was brushing, then forming the hat. Excellent hat. The sun has not appeared as there is heavy fog here now, but the light is filtered by the fog and makes some of the shots show a truer color of the felt. The darker pics show the most accurate to my eye, at least on my computer.

My first bash, a somewhat modified center dent:

i-PrXxPQM-M.jpg

Then more of a c-crease:

i-LtwzgPc-L.jpg

And today's diamond:

i-3XqM4Bv-L.jpg

i-GbNt5BW-L.jpg

i-Nsx8vzs-L.jpg

The bow/knot treatment I love so much:

i-JrXCwGq-L.jpg

i-Kv3bZt6-L.jpg

MrsFed (Sandra) always insists on a goofy smiling pic for her to keep on her phone...

i-GXjptJh-L.jpg

Well, I decided to wear the Black Cherry Gannon to another appt with the doc. It's interesting the series of changes in the crease on this one. Michael said he tries to make his hats so they are easy to bash for the owner, and he wasn't kidding. This hat has seen no steam at all, yet it progressed from a center dent to a c-crease and then - just this morning - to a diamond that just fell into place as I was brushing, then forming the hat. Excellent hat. The sun has not appeared as there is heavy fog here now, but the light is filtered by the fog and makes some of the shots show a truer color of the felt. The darker pics show the most accurate to my eye, at least on my computer.

My first bash, a somewhat modified center dent:

i-PrXxPQM-M.jpg

Then more of a c-crease:

i-LtwzgPc-L.jpg

And today's diamond:

i-3XqM4Bv-L.jpg

i-GbNt5BW-L.jpg

i-jRc2jC5-L.jpg

i-GbNt5BW-L.jpg

i-Nsx8vzs-L.jpg

The bow/knot treatment I love so much:

i-JrXCwGq-L.jpg

i-Kv3bZt6-L.jpg

MrsFed (Sandra) always insists on a goofy smiling pic for her to keep on her phone...

i-GXjptJh-L.jpg
Outstandng. LIke the shirt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe