Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I've been surprised by the number of cyclists here. Some of them will park up at the highway and ride 30-40 miles one way toward the mountains, then turn around and go back.

Lots of western hats here, but the style depends on what part of the state you're in. Modern "rodeo" styles seem more popular along the eastern/ southeastern part, but you get more of the vaquero hats as you go north or west.

I've covered Wyoming , (From Cheyenne to Laramie to Casper to Cody to Sheridan to Gillette) and it wins My Award for the Windiest Place (consistently) I've ever been . First time I got out of the Truck I learned Button Up and Hold On to your Hat or something or someone is Leaving the ground , you and your Hat , or your Hat . Thats Some Serious Wind out of the West ! The Windy City ain't got nothing on Wyoming in that Department ! WHOA !!! Beautiful State , especially Western , but don't get caught in the winter when they close the Gates behind you ! You'll Freeze ! Jackson Hole and all that is really pretty , too , Jackson is a little touristy , but I saw a lot of both (Rodeo and Vaquero) in the Western Part depending where you were . Love Frontier Days , and Cheyenne (but it always makes me sad remembering the day Lane Frost was hooked) . Buckaroo is just a transliteration of Vaquero . I love Wyoming !

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Another day in my Dobbs week. Actually, I'm doing a "business" week, since I didn't wear one on Sunday. Therefore, just Mon-Fri. For this third installment, I am wearing a Saks Fifth Avenue 15/20 clone, which was actually manufactured at the time by Dobbs or Hatco. It definitely has the flattest [front] brim in my collection.

You can read an old side by side comparison here with this one and two Dobbs hats I don't own anymore (post #64):

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/side-by-side-hat-comparisons.65983/page-4#post-1524856

Side By Side/ Hat Comparisons

54ff8b3a-a61d-445b-a910-a50b7f589f93.jpg

My weak impression of Michael Corleone...

f493d4db-07ff-447f-af41-46762fce59fa.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Esther and I had been in touch just before last Christmas. We corresponded a few times and then I felt confident to put my trust in her. My old MG had been booked by a dear friend for her wedding, the theme of which would be Hawaiian. But for the formal part of the ceremony, the exchange of vows, they wanted a smart but relaxed, mode of dress. My light blue linen suit was a perfect choice, it just needed the perfect hat to set it off. Step forward Esther. To be honest, I can't remember if I mentioned the wedding, I didn't want her to feel pressured. I need not have worried, she was amazing. Professional, helpful and generous to a fault. So many times I have said thank you to Esther, so just for her is the result of her hard work. Tina made her dress and that little cape like garment. It's called a bolero.

Enclosed are a couple of photos, one taken with Tina, in the suit, and the second, later when we all got into the Aloha spirit. So glad to get that tie off, on a such a warm day.

aloha 088.jpg aloha 016.JPG

Hey everybody!
Feeling lie a Wednesday WARrior in my Disney "Handover". Pardon the lame attempt to get a shot of the back bow.

40a254151cf48a75451705ca3da992f1.jpg
606de9c5ee727bbd7631ffeb8532592c.jpg
60b14b5cfc9e8d3a017c137f2202cb83.jpg
63fe62f67309085575ef436299228407.jpg

Have an awesome day!:)
Moe, you can "handover" that one to me:rolleyes:
Seriously, though, good looking back bow.

Another day in my Dobbs week. Actually, I'm doing a "business" week, since I didn't wear one on Sunday. Therefore, just Mon-Fri. For this third installment, I am wearing a Saks Fifth Avenue 15/20 clone, which was actually manufactured at the time by Dobbs or Hatco. It definitely has the flattest [front] brim in my collection.

You can read an old side by side comparison here with this one and two Dobbs hats I don't own anymore (post #64):

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/side-by-side-hat-comparisons.65983/page-4#post-1524856

Side By Side/ Hat Comparisons

54ff8b3a-a61d-445b-a910-a50b7f589f93.jpg

My weak impression of Michael Corleone...

f493d4db-07ff-447f-af41-46762fce59fa.jpg

Good impression AnA.

Esther and I had been in touch just before last Christmas. We corresponded a few times and then I felt confident to put my trust in her. My old MG had been booked by a dear friend for her wedding, the theme of which would be Hawaiian. But for the formal part of the ceremony, the exchange of vows, they wanted a smart but relaxed, mode of dress. My light blue linen suit was a perfect choice, it just needed the perfect hat to set it off. Step forward Esther. To be honest, I can't remember if I mentioned the wedding, I didn't want her to feel pressured. I need not have worried, she was amazing. Professional, helpful and generous to a fault. So many times I have said thank you to Esther, so just for her is the result of her hard work.

Enclosed are a couple of photos, one taken with Tina, in the suit, and the second, later when we all got into the Aloha spirit. So glad to get that tie off, on a such a warm day.

View attachment 52371 View attachment 52372
Great suit and Aloha shirt!

I've covered Wyoming , (From Cheyenne to Laramie to Casper to Cody to Sheridan to Gillette) and it wins My Award for the Windiest Place (consistently) I've ever been . First time I got out of the Truck I learned Button Up and Hold On to your Hat or something or someone is Leaving the ground , you and your Hat , or your Hat . Thats Some Serious Wind out of the West ! The Windy City ain't got nothing on Wyoming in that Department ! !

Did you hear about the day the wind stopped blowing in Wyoming?

Everybody fell over.

Sent directly from my mind to yours

EstherWeis

Vendor
Esther and I had been in touch just before last Christmas. We corresponded a few times and then I felt confident to put my trust in her. My old MG had been booked by a dear friend for her wedding, the theme of which would be Hawaiian. But for the formal part of the ceremony, the exchange of vows, they wanted a smart but relaxed, mode of dress. My light blue linen suit was a perfect choice, it just needed the perfect hat to set it off. Step forward Esther. To be honest, I can't remember if I mentioned the wedding, I didn't want her to feel pressured. I need not have worried, she was amazing. Professional, helpful and generous to a fault. So many times I have said thank you to Esther, so just for her is the result of her hard work. Tina made her dress and that little cape like garment. It's called a bolero.

View attachment 52371 View attachment 52372

You guys look great!
Glad to hear you love your hat so much. It looks really wonderful on you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe