Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks!
Thanks for the likes and comments on the Milan yesterday! Funny how I don't care for a felt porker, but love a porky straw...
Today, I'm wearing a project that I finished last night. An Ecuador made straw body that I found at a thrift store, but a coarser fiber than I've seen on a Panama before. Looked to me like something meant to be functional rather than refined, maybe a souvenir or a work hat. It had a basic fedora crown, and grommets on the brim for the leather lace used as a stampede cord. No sweatband or evidence of one. Soneone named Frances had written her name inside in marker, with the "N" backwards.
Not a fine Montecristi in any way shape or form. But somebody made this thing by hand. It deserved another life.
So I blocked it up to my size, reflanged it to hide the grommets. Sewed in a cheapie sweat while listening to the Giants game. Threw on a pug a few minutes ago and just as I went outside to take pics the bright sun disappeared behind a bank of grey. Oh well, still wearing it.:)

656addaf6672e81e17a70688dd2b72d6.jpg
603bd5cf174d4c4e1cc085e329e1a108.jpg
b77c722902e29746f3d7a3ed4747430b.jpg

Have a great day!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Cross Country today. Right up there among the favorites of my collection.... Extremely light weight gorgeous hat. Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

i-KzfQBgT-M.jpg

The Dobbs CC is extremely light weight. Pics do not adequately show how light weight it is. I re-read the posts of Alan's like hat when he was comparing the weights of a couple of his light weight hats. This one is truly a King. I have to be careful not to wear this hat out as it is soooo easy to reach for when leaving the house.

i-K9RgBFx-S.jpg

It feels like you are wearing nothing at all on your head. Quite the felt.

Anthony I am pleased you were able to locate one of these special hats for your hat rack. Your hat's felt is a CHOICE color. Wear it proudly sir, Eric -

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
i-KzfQBgT-M.jpg

The Dobbs CC is extremely light weight. Pics do not adequately show how light weight it is. I re-read the posts of Alan's like hat when he was comparing the weights of a couple of his light weight hats. This one is truly a King. I have to be careful not to wear this hat out as it is soooo easy to reach for when leaving the house.

i-K9RgBFx-S.jpg

It feels like you are wearing nothing at all on your head. Quite the felt.

Anthony I am pleased you were able to locate one of these special hats for your hat rack. Wear it proudly sir, Eric -

thank you Eric ... it is indeed a special piece
I don't own anything even remotely like it ... not even the Vita Felt unlined Platboy ... which is also a wonderful piece

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Everyones Hats look So Great !

NOS Canadian Biltmore "Reese." Eleganza finish.
4598dc444ca25f55be6b9faf0250eb5a.jpg
7cd6e79dcf6e55a587a91dd69f0c253d.jpg
95a791aa3843b14af080e4a40b79cc8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Great Hat Robert ! Man I love that one ! If I was 7 1/4 , I guess a large 7 1/4 I am , I'd take the 7 1/4 Clubs seconds , or pass downs . Great Color and Style !
Greg's are Always Great , too . I like that style . ... but Everyones are All So KOOL !!! ... is this like Hat Lust ? Haha ! ... I've gotta figure out a couple of really versatile colors , get em , and stick . This can be an expensive Hobby . I just want to wear them , and be comfortable , not look at them . ... what color is Cornhill ? I guess it ships in 5 more weeks , or sooner maybe . I'm thinking a lighter brown , or darker Khaki . Alan's are impeccable always ! Esther women with straight razors make me nervous , but that is a Gorgeous Red Hat on a Gorgeous Head , just a compliment . And Robert's Hat , WOW ! That looks Awesome ! Great Hat Bob !

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Everyones Hats look So Great !

Great Hat Robert ! Man I love that one ! If I was 7 1/4 , I guess a large 7 1/4 I am , I'd take the 7 1/4 Clubs seconds , or pass downs . Great Color and Style !
Greg's are Always Great , too . I like that style . ... but Everyones are All So KOOL !!! ... is this like Hat Lust ? Haha ! ... I've gotta figure out a couple of really versatile colors , get em , and stick . This can be an expensive Hobby . I just want to wear them , and be comfortable , not look at them . ... what color is Cornhill ? I guess it ships in 5 more weeks , or sooner maybe . I'm thinking a lighter brown , or darker Khaki . Alan's are impeccable always ! Esther women with straight razors make me nervous , but that is a Gorgeous Red Hat on a Gorgeous Head , just a compliment . And Robert's Hat , WOW ! That looks Awesome ! Great Hat Bob !
Thank you Michael!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1