Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone, that's: moehawk, mmbarnes, moontheloon, Bob Hufford, Short Balding Guy, Bob Roberts, Chepstow, rclark, Esther, Chamuco, Zombie_61, dh66, Mm25, DOGMAN, Wesslyn, javadave 61, Michael R, Bamaboots, Frunobulax & Sergejvandervree. If I have missed anyone, apologies, I have gone through all your forum and personal messages, but so, so, many. You humble me, all of you. Thank you all so much for remembering Derek, somebody you never even knew, a kindness most appreciated.
You might remember how I explained about discovering Derek's freshly dug grave, and how it really touched a nerve. Well just to update you, his widow Freda, was delighted to hear from us, delighted and more than moved that a small army of internet hat lovers gave him a tip of the brim, to send him on his way and as for me, my lovely lady took me away to the Scottish Highlands for a week, we returned yesterday, refreshed and ready. And here's a lovely postscript. On our doormat when we returned was an invitation to a wedding in June. Life goes on.

Thank you for the follow up, GHT. We're ALL in this life together!!

040716_1.jpg

040716_2.jpg
Wow, Alan. Now there is a lid to be proud of, my friend. Great hat band. I assume you had something to do with it. :)

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Thanks to all for the likes and comments. Always appreciated!

Keeping up the black hat streak for the Giants home opener against the Dodgers (boo Dodgers! Beat L.A.!) wearing this black velour made by Borden Hats for Jay Lord, recently owned by Fruno and seen here yesterday.

4bff1fab30c8d9e7b75a835ee09326f7.jpg
055ddca5497e917a1264e79483084c13.jpg

In keeping with my promise to wear it in good health, I removed it last night while devouring Bratwurst fried in butter. Also kept it from getting greasy.
Have a great day!:)

Hey everyone!

Keeping up the black hat streak for the Giants home opener against the Dodgers (boo Dodgers! Beat L.A.!) wearing this black velour made by Borden Hats for Jay Lord, recently owned by Fruno and seen here yesterday.

In keeping with my promise to wear it in good health, I removed it last night while devouring Bratwurst fried in butter. Also kept it from getting greasy.

Looks good on you.

Back when they were both in the Western Division, they use to sell t-shirts around here:

"I root for two baseball teams: The Cincinnati Reds, and whoever is playing the Dodgers!"

Hey everyone!

4bff1fab30c8d9e7b75a835ee09326f7.jpg
055ddca5497e917a1264e79483084c13.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Needs a discreet orange feather, like putting a little Posey in your hat!
LOL!
Nothing little about Posey!
This is getting close to the time of the year when the blackbirds in my area get territorial and aggressive. They especially don't seem to like the red-winged blackbirds, whose red wing spot is close enough to Gianrs orange to cause the birds to attack folks wearing Giants logos and other orange stuff. You might think gee, it's just a little bird, but when you've seen them gang up on raptors like ospreys and hawks, AND chase away these much bigger predators, you might think twice about baiting these fierce little buggers.

Having rechecked all the messages it seems that I've missed you. How could be so remiss? You are always so generous with your kindness.
View attachment 47867

Please don't worry yourself, sir! It's not at all about me! Your narrative and moving conclusion is the type of human story we all appreciate around here.

Again, thanks for the post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82