Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Now hold on just a minute! You're not denigrating Texas, are you? Lol! Good to know I stumbled (quite literally, since I'd never really heard of Biltmore until after I got one for Christmas...!) on the higher quality on my first go around!

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk
Of course not. Hats Plus in Chicago had a bunch of Canadian Biltmores. I got 3 from them last year.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Looks like Stetsons and Biltmores ruled the day....All look really nice...I want that Whippet.....And it looks like Reese Whitherspoon did deliever Fruno's hat...and stayed long enough to pose for a couple shots....;) And Bob, that NOS Canadian Biltmore has me drooling....schweeet!

Today I wore my Blue Borsalino to teach and my Sable Lock & Co to a Jazz Club to check out one of my student's set....You can't tell from the shots, but the Borsa is a slightly larger hat than the Lock...Does it look that way here.?.....To me the Borsa here looks smaller....I think the thin ribbon on the Lock might make it look a tad fuller...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful display of lids over the past couple days. My collection will be expanding by a hat. Mike at Northwest will be making one up for me. I'm looking along the lines of a Strat or a Playboy style in a Pecan color...I may change my mind on color and style again, though.

I'm wearing an Open Road this chilly a.m., but not in this color. This is the Pecan color I may be choosing for my custom hat...

Open_Road_Pecan_11_RC.jpg

A couple other colors I'm also considering....I like the Grey too
Open_Road_14_brown_grey_4_pecan_11.jpg

Carl Perkins, "Dixie Fried" 1956

From this past Tuesday. PH. Möckel Hutfabrik, Homburg vor der Höhe Velour, from the Gotisches Haus (Gothic House) Bad Homburg , Germany hat collection, probably 1920s maybe earlier. PH. Möckel made the original Homburg hat for Edward VII. This is the only soft felt I have encountered so a rare one. With a good brush and steam it would light right up.

24679997456_222c98916f_c.jpg

24338630609_927713ef71_c.jpg

Thanks! Yes PH. Möckel, Homburg vor der Höhe made the hat that Edward VII (he vacationed in Bad Homburg) brought back to England and became known as the Homburg. Unfortunately the museum doesn't have an original PH. Möckel Hutfabrik Edward VII Homburg style Soft Felt hat. As I mentioned I believe this is the first PH. Möckel Soft Felt I have ever encountered. I have a PH. Möckel Stiff Felt and the museum has a few too (I will post them later). PH. Möckel went out of business in the early 1930s. You can see the above hat in detail here.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/german-austrian-hutmachers.32103/page-237#post-2044648

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Looks like Stetsons and Biltmores ruled the day....All look really nice...I want that Whippet.....And it looks like Reese Whitherspoon did deliever Fruno's hat...and stayed long enough to pose for a couple shots....;) And Bob, that NOS Canadian Biltmore has me drooling....schweeet!

Today I wore my Blue Borsalino to teach and my Sable Lock & Co to a Jazz Club to check out one of my student's set....You can't tell from the shots, but the Borsa is a slightly larger hat than the Lock...Does it look that way here.?.....To me the Borsa here looks smaller....I think the thin ribbon on the Lock might make it look a tad fuller...
View attachment 43247
View attachment 43246

hey man ... you have a great look going on

if I'm honest ... I am usually not a huge fan of those type of heavy taper short brimmed sort of 60s & 70s style hats hats .. but I have to admit you have a really slick look

you are one of the only guys to wear that style that did not give me the Tom Landry vibe ... not that there is anything wrong with Tom

you really rock it ... bravo

2075rami

One of the Regulars
hey man ... you have a great look going on

if I'm honest ... I am usually not a huge fan of those type of heavy taper short brimmed sort of 60s & 70s style hats hats .. but I have to admit you have a really slick look

you are one of the only guys to wear that style that did not give me the Tom Landry vibe ... not that there is anything wrong with Tom

you really rock it ... bravo
I used to work with a guy who told me I reminded him of Tom Landry no matter what fedora I was wearing. Other people always say Indiana Jones... Even though the styles from the '30s are what kinda got me interested in real hats a few years ago. I still can't remember for sure if it was Adjustment Bureau or Public Enemy that inspired that first Google search that lead me here to the Lounge, though.

Great hats here to start the weekend, as always, guys!

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
You and Eric both have me wanting a Ganon. They look great! How's the felt, sweat, finish, etc on those Anthony?
It looks spectacular on you, man.

I promise you everything is top notch on these ... and he has only gotten better since he made this one

Eric I'm sure will attest to that

my new Gannon should be coming in a week or so and I'm really excited

the felt is fantastic and tough with a smooth finish.. it is soft and shapes very easily ...mine is beaver ... this one has his old black sweat ... which is great ... but his new hats have a softer brown sweat which I'm really excited about as well

I hope Eric will chime in because he has a great way of describing things ... you would not be disappointed if you did order one

thank you for the kind words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82