Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hat in action while giving a gallery talk last night. Dobbs Cross Country heather felt - a purchase from the store at the RLK museum.

alan_talking.jpg

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Wow. The last two days have been awesome. The Wormser, Mayser with a no name and a name, Moon’s Knox, 1Mach1, etc. etc. etc. Some unbelievably beautiful hats.

Joao – That Tom Mix is exceptional. Love the curled brim.

Daniele – What a great ribbon.

Strapped – You embody the spirit.

MM – Awesome.

Panadora – Another beautiful ribbon.

Scotty – Sharp!

Java – Some exceptional ribbon work.

Fruno – Looking great this morning.

Alan – Love it! A man with a plan.

Yesterday, my favorite hat of all time, a 40’s Borsalino.

Today, my Stratoliner.

IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1733.JPG IMG_1734.JPG IMG_1737.JPG

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I got a new hat! Thanks to Moonie, who seems to be the pied piper of hat acquisition lately. Last week, Anthony tipped me off to this, which is too dark for him ("You'll never see me in a black hat"). I received it Tuesday, and finally got it on my head today.

Mallory Dallas, in a very dark charcoal. More photos in The Mallory Mile

View attachment 40458

Channeling Mark, since we're having our office Christmas Party today, I wore one of my two or three Christmas ties, but my arms aren't long enough to capture it.
View attachment 40459

Jim you look fantastic brother ... that may be among my favorites that I have seen you in ... honestly.... not just saying that because I had a small part in it finding its way to you ... really really great look on you ....
... remind me to stop tipping you off on the loot ;)
kidding aside ... that's a really great hat ... tops!!

Alan - looking fantastic ... and I think I would be hanging on your every word ... even if I had no clue as to what you were speaking about.
fantastic hat and vest

Bruno - I have come to expect nothing less than superb felts from you ...

Dave - great bow treatment ... that thing immediately caught my eye

EstherWeis

Vendor
In an effort to give this graphite Knox some character, I decided for a ribbon change. I had some vintage navy grosgrain at hand and decided to try it out. Then I got carried away with some remnants of tan and gray ribbon and came up with this. Up close, it's quite amateurish. But it gives me good reason to keep people at arms length.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I love it!! You know I like fancy ribbon work!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Jim you look fantastic brother ... that may be among my favorites that I have seen you in ... honestly.... not just saying that because I had a small part in it finding its way to you ... really really great look on you ....
... remind me to stop tipping you off on the loot ;)
kidding aside ... that's a really great hat ... tops!!

Thanks, I need to return the favor. I may go with a higher crown bash, though.

...a test drive an old Sanyo trench coat that my father passed on to me. Thanks Dad! View attachment 40435

My late father's sport jacket for more client Christmas drops actually received a compliment from the young lady at the bank today (Yes, I still GO TO the bank). And what's all the hate for BLACK hats? Even Terry likes this one, a Werner Hilton, ACH!
DSC02856.jpg DSC02858.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82