Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
You're beyond the charts today yourself with the Excellent Strat, Mr. moontheloon. If you're going to give a hat the lived in look, good idea to do it with a modern hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Guerra brand "GQ"
a2232dcc9b83824d598c361b72c3ccea.jpg
a02707332858c772bae5edf818be96a2.jpg
aca93e1761282f0f5e94c52bf4f4d42e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
For a while I've really wanted at least a couple of my modern hats to have that "lived in" look.
so my Penman and my Excellent Strat are the chosen ones.
Just last night I changed the bash on the Strat and started to use the big "no no" of handling the hat by the pinch.
I really like it and look forward to really breaking it in and giving it character .
Today is the first full day of wear giving this one a whole new way of handling

631d7e32cda1a16c824a0eacb0fa7240.jpg

It works. I "pinch" my hats very often.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
You're beyond the charts today yourself with the Excellent Strat, Mr. moontheloon. If you're going to give a hat the lived in look, good idea to do it with a modern hat.

thank you sir

yeah ... I don't think I would do it with a vintage for a couple reasons

the vintage are more valuable to me and are almost always more delicate

the moderns are more durable and every bit of wear is from me .... so the process is more personal

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I still have a bass I bought back in '91 or 2, Took lessons for a while, but lack of patience and then money kept me from going anywhere with it. I keep it as a relic of my youth. Maybe someday I will pick it back up again. One thing it did for me, though, was give me a deeper appreciation of a good rhythm section over those flashy guitarists.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Rainy and cold day in Minnesota to grill. Our pork roast and all the fixings is nearly complete.

I have been in and out tending to the grilling in a vtg. gray and brown Stetsons. As my experience has been, not all vtg. Stetsons are the same. Mostly the same, but details differ. Brim width, small ribbon and brim details can be different. These fedoras are a decade (or more) apart in age.

i-PmkG7Xz-M.jpg

i-wd5dvc8-M.jpg

Last edited:
Everybody's looking great for a Sunday. I really haven't been out and anywhere today, so no pics of hats. I have, however, been puttering about the hat room cleaning hats, boxing hats, repaired a Dalton box Miamibruno found for me, tightened up a loose ribbon on a hat I got in the mail yesterday, etc. I've had a few of them on my head but again, no pix.

I have a few I haven't had a chance to break out yet, plus two in the mail to be delivered next week. I'm behind getting some of my new finds out for public viewing. I'll rectify that in the next few days.

A few loungers have also been very gracious and generous to me over the past few weeks (Moon, Miamibruno, St Ignatz), so thanks to them for enabling my affliction lately - not that I need any help. So sorry for no visuals, but y'all are looking good today.

...I thought a drummer's best friend was whoever had a sofa...

/the only thing I can play is a radio, anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82