Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoonie

Familiar Face
I posted these in my own thread, but I went through all the trouble of tying my tie so...

blueonyxcavanagh003.jpg

Maybe the sidelong glance at my phone can be the Yoonie. I've already seen the Douglas thread!

yoonie

Familiar Face
Thank you. My dad gave it to me- somehow, I think he intended to for a while since it's not really his style. It's not really vintage though (as I don't wear much vintage clothing, despite my deep appreciate of the style), probably about 20 years old? Just a plain ol polo db

metropd

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey, but the way, I wore the SAME hat today,...

...but without the same results. :mad:

Nice goin' there Met'. No wonder you're smilin'. ;)

What do you mean? You have a lot better results. You have Beautiful kids and a wonderful wife. I'd take that any day over fooling around with a bunch of girls. Your way is much more fulfilling. ;)

metropd

One Too Many
yoonie said:
I posted these in my own thread, but I went through all the trouble of tying my tie so...

blueonyxcavanagh003.jpg

Maybe the sidelong glance at my phone can be the Yoonie. I've already seen the Douglas thread!

VERY nice suit yoonie. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I would suggest a wider brim width that would be more in proportion to the lapels and cut of the suit. Great look though.

yoonie

Familiar Face
Thanks guys. I'm thinking my next (and final) hat will probably be a custom at either 2 1/8th or 2 1/4 inch brim. I'm not much of a collector- I plan to wear all of my hats as much as possible, so a bigger brim (like the 2.5 inch on the stetson i traded) probably wouldn't make it into my wardrobe.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
Mr. P, That graphite is a nice color. I agree on the brim and the crown isn't bad. Have you considered reshaping the crown with the use of a bit of steam? It could be made to appear a bit higher and less tapered if you want to do that.

Carter, I have thought about picking up another one at the Outlet and trying to work with reshaping the crown on it. What crease style do you think would best accomplish the reduced taper look? Also, I have not tried to steam and reshape a modern's crown as I did not know if it would be hard to get the imprint and shadow of the old crease completely out. I kind of like this one and don't want to tinker with it because the taper doesn't really matter that much to me, but I would like to see what I could do with another one to change its look and keep the wide brim's shape. Maybe you have fially gotten me interested in a mild "project hat"!

Jabos

A-List Customer
Has Metropd started something here? Maybe this could be a new thread: "Chicks diggin' on my fed . . . " But there could be no Photoshopping allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth