Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javadave61

Practically Family
St.Ignatz, loving that western straw. What kind of comments do you get wearing that around the Philly area? Perfect for a Cowboy. A Dallas Cowboy. :)

David, that Disney straw is a classic. I dream of turning a corner in an antique store and seeing that sitting there right in my size.

Moon, just stay inside. You'll be fine! It's always a BGCD day.

And Bob, classy as ever.

Premiere Stratoliner today, this time with my new Strat pin.

2015-08-18 06.58.50.jpg 2015-08-18 06.59.06.jpg 2015-08-18 07.00.52-1.jpg

Late day action... VS natural, slimbrim. I had to talk Art into making this tiny brim. He quoted Joao, from throughout the ages. This was the third VS I ordered.
DSC00526.jpg DSC00531.jpg

Keep up the great lids!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
St.Ignatz, loving that western straw. What kind of comments do you get wearing that around the Philly area? Perfect for a Cowboy. A Dallas Cowboy. :)

David, that Disney straw is a classic. I dream of turning a corner in an antique store and seeing that sitting there right in my size.

Moon, just stay inside. You'll be fine! It's always a BGCD day.

And Bob, classy as ever.

Premiere Stratoliner today, this time with my new Strat pin.

Thx Dave. Im likin that bash.

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Wearing a modern stratoliner straw. I was considering ditching this hat, but decided to see what another ribbon treatment would do for it so I stole one off a vintage boater. I like the improvement but am still not sure about the hat.

image.jpg

image.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
Wearing a modern stratoliner straw. I was considering ditching this hat, but decided to see what another ribbon treatment would do for it so I stole one off a vintage boater. I like the improvement but am still not sure about the hat.

View attachment 34257

View attachment 34258
Moe, that looks great. I sold mine because the thin ribbon blended in too much with the hat (among other things). It was like there was no ribbon at all. Yours makes me wish I had tried a different one.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 34257

View attachment 34258

I hate mine ... the brim is terrible ... the crown is far too short and it just seems to wear awkwardly

I have no idea why they attach the Stratoliner name to this hat ... I have 10 Stratoliners ... 9 vintage and 1 modern Premier... and this hat is just about the furthest thing from any of them

I'm learning that a lot of people must feel the way I feel because I can't GIVE the thing away

I'm literally trying to give it away and no one wants it

rogerstg

A-List Customer
I hate mine ... the brim is terrible ... the crown is far too short and it just seems to wear awkwardly

I have no idea why they attach the Stratoliner name to this hat ... I have 10 Stratoliners ... 9 vintage and 1 modern Premier... and this hat is just about the furthest thing from any of them

I'm learning that a lot of people must feel the way I feel because I can't GIVE the thing away

OK, OK.. If you let me buy that Knox straw, I'll take the Stetson straw off your hands. :D:D:D;)

Just trying to help a fellow TFLer. :cheers1:

Roger

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Moe, that looks great. I sold mine because the thin ribbon blended in too much with the hat (among other things). It was like there was no ribbon at all. Yours makes me wish I had tried a different one.

Thanks! I have tried a few thin ribbon lids and realized I am not a fan. My beef with this hat is the taper and low crown. I was hoping for vintage dimensions when I ordered this hat - guess I should have researched better.

HeyMoe

Practically Family

The reason they attached the Stratoliner name is they knew schmucks like us would buy them. I suspect that this one won't be in the rotation next summer. Looking for a better straw as it gets hot as hell up here in VT and driving that '39 dodge with out A/C makes my bald head sweat too much for felt.

javadave61

Practically Family
Thanks! I have tried a few thin ribbon lids and realized I am not a fan. My beef with this hat is the taper and low crown. I was hoping for vintage dimensions when I ordered this hat - guess I should have researched better.
I thought the crown height was pretty high on mine. Same as my Premiere Strat. Nor did mine feel tapered. My issue was the dents. I wanted more and no amount of steaming would make it hold. After tons of steaming the brim and some heavy encyclopedias holding it down overnight, I could get it to cooperate, but only for a few weeks before it was back to the way it was. I've seen the same hat body with a different name (can't remember what) and different ribbon types, and it looked much better. The contrasting mid ribbon would look great with that hat, but that material will never let you shape it the way you want without a professional reblock.

HeyMoe

Practically Family
I thought the crown height was pretty high on mine. Same as my Premiere Strat. Nor did mine feel tapered. My issue was the dents. I wanted more and no amount of steaming would make it hold. After tons of steaming the brim and some heavy encyclopedias holding it down overnight, I could get it to cooperate, but only for a few weeks before it was back to the way it was. I've seen the same hat body with a different name (can't remember what) and different ribbon types, and it looked much better. The contrasting mid ribbon would look great with that hat, but that material will never let you shape it the way you want without a professional reblock.

mine has some taper to it, I am a no taper kinda guy. I too tried to change the dents and crease with no luck what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter