Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javadave61

Practically Family
Inspired by the rain, Akubra.
Inspired by David, Bluegrass Green Campdraft.
Inspired by Moon, I reworked the brim.

I love the versatility of this hat.

1754ed9170c772800abf7da23962bd0e.jpg

55d73f2772a7e162f60d39d365bf1ecb.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Akubra Campdraft

loving the CD
such an amazingly versatile hat

No name Panama today. Probably the last straw for a few days considering the chances for rain this week

great weave and brim transition for a "no name"
looks like a $300 slice on you

Moontheloon that looks positively awesome.

Starting my day with the fantastic work of tony b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks very much sir ... I'm getting much pleasure out of it

and that Tony B slice may be my favorite of yours that I have seen .... what a damn nice hat

raw edge ?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Inspired by the rain, Akubra.
Inspired by David, Bluegrass Green Campdraft.
Inspired by Moon, I reworked the brim.

I love the versatility of this hat.

1754ed9170c772800abf7da23962bd0e.jpg

55d73f2772a7e162f60d39d365bf1ecb.jpg

looks absolutely awesome Dave !!!!

and the fact that I inspired anything gives me a wonderful feeling

the versatility of these Akubra hats creates just a grown mans playground

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good day hat/cap fellows. Excellent lids being showcased today!

Back from Des Moines, IA late last night. An unshaven, "no coffee in the house" morning had me putting the finishing touches on our dock wearing a straw hat from Shudde Brother, Houston. It handled our warm, muggy windy morning.

i-WZkR2K8-S.jpg
i-3mc7wMZ-S.jpg

A VS Stratoliner clone (dove felt & charcoal ribbon treatment) accompanied me, after I cleaned up, to fetch coffee. In this afternoon's 72'F warmth the felt is just fine!

i-SrvSB3C-S.jpg
i-7Qrndsz-S.jpg

Best wishes for the remainder of your Sunday, Eric -

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Very Nice Pug on your Houston straw Eric & great to see you !

A&A the Dobbs Panama is a winner & the wide ribbon is very nice the TAR WnD is great on you as well
B-Man your outstanding in your Tony B that tall blocking is fantastic
javadave & David in there green campdrafts show nice shaping skills, David some outstanding new western customs from Black Sheep as well!
hatguy1 hatted in the fine hooch distillery looks good
Strapped 4 Cache hope you can enjoy the noname panama again soon its nice
& a nice assortment yesterday as well, G Durand has a incredible collection & I enjoy them all

Ok every one is looking swell & Very nice to see everyone hatted !

Today a VS Milan Art made a long time ago called the Aztec
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36%3B62%3Enu%3D37%3C7%3E736%3E949%3E28%3B8736%3A3%3A25%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33255%3Enu%3D37%3C7%3E736%3E93%3B%3E28%3B8736%3A2%3C25%3Aot1lsi

yesterday on my way to the big dance in a Portis.
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3949%3B%3Enu%3D37%3C7%3E736%3E933%3E28%3B8736%3A2425%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv36%3B%3B4%3Enu%3D37%3C7%3E736%3E937%3E28%3B8736%3A2825%3Aot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv35%3A%3B2%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D%3Be%3B%3A98320h%3C6%3A%2F7di%3B0%3B%3Bhh%2Fg95he6i4idggot1lsi

che:cool:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I'm also really digging the camp draft today, David. I've been enjoying your black sheep westerns lately too.

Thanks Jeff. I've not worn the CD for a while - I'd reshaped it so many times it was all out of wack. Last night I blocked it back to open crown and started again.

The Tumwater you wore earlier looks great!

Cheers, Moon & javadave!

Eric - two nice hats today.

AnA - you've been posting some great hats of late, the Panama is a classic

Che - just outstanding hats and photos

Back to to the Black Sheep milan this afternoon

smugshot_9379926-L.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, javadave, hatguy, AnA, Eric, Che, David, You guys look great. Very nice display.

The weekends aren't long enough. Sunday afternoon doing yard work and then go back to work tomorrow morning. Seems like Friday was only a few moments ago....I think I'm getting burnt out with silverbelly!

photo_3_1_Front_Porch.jpg

One of my Japanese Maples. I started this tree from a seedling and nursed it for about three years before I transplanted it to my back yard a year and a half ago.

The_JM.jpg

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Love the "New Slant" Che! A great example of the Portis style as you are of vintage style. The VS milan isn't too shabby either.

All the usual suspects are looking well hatted as well, you all inspire fellas!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab

Thanks, VMT2!!

A'nA; Greetings back at you. My VS choice today was inspired seeing your recent photo. Sharp as ever sir.

Eric-

Much appreciated, Eric! Just so you know, I created the Westbound'n'Down, because I was inspired by all of your fine thin ribbons. Glad to be in such great company! :thumb:

A&A the Dobbs Panama is a winner & the wide ribbon is very nice. The TAR W'n'D is great on you as well.

:) Kind words, sir. As I mentioned in my response to Eric, the W'n'D was inspired by so many awesome TAR's around the 'Lounge. The Dobbs Panama is vintage '50s I believe. The ribbon came from a Dobbs felt fedora; swapped it last year, the color is dark grey / charcoal and it goes really well with the straw patina.

Che', that pug on the Portis is something else!! If I ever make it out to your town, I've got to go to one of those dances!

I like that crown height. How high is it A n A? I'm guessing it's (unfortunately) not current production...?

It's vintage; it was an Etsy purchase a year or so ago. I was really pleased when I pulled it out of the box, because it was taller than most of the typical Panama hats made today. It also sits a little higher on my head, so that adds to the height, which I like. It's roughly 4 1/2" at the front and 4 3/8" at the back. The tallest point just behind the tip of the crease at the top of the pinch is 4 5/8".

AnA - you've been posting some great hats of late, the Panama is a classic.

Cheers, David! It had been a long while since I was posting regularly, so it's been a real treat to show off my hats again. :) On the same note, I've been enjoying so many awesome hats from the newcomers and the regulars alike!! :cool:

Jeff, javadave, hatguy, AnA, Eric, Che, David, You guys look great. Very nice display.

Thank you!!! :yo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe