Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brüder Böhm

16190639076_70d123b917_c.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks, Tommy! I like this hat too, he felt quality and linesI find it loses the brim shape, like losing its snap. I had to steam the front of the brim last night to get it to stay down. I've never seen that issue on a new fedora before, even very soft and light ones.

Last edited:
Alan, Thanks! Snow here too. Great flashbacks!

Tommy, Fantastic Royal Stetson! Agree about the lighting.

Mike, Nice Akubra Cattleman!

Daniele, Happy Holiday! The Cervino does have a Alpine form!

stratcat

One of the Regulars
I always check out this thread, it's great and I'd like to join in. I don't have many hats so I won't be able to post here often.
Anyway, nothing special but I wanted to share the first public airing of my new Campdraft!
View attachment 22425

Cool contrast Alan.

I like the high crown on the Brüder Böhm, Mayserwegener.

Absolutely beautiful Royal Stetson TommyK. I'm a big fan of the jacket, too.

Nice Cattleman, Miket5r. Good color.

Daniele, you and Ghost Rider are making we want to return to Europe. Very sporty Cervino.

eb7949a4b84d839d32570c6e49d82872.jpg

I'm wearing this 50s Royal Stetson this evening. It isn't near as nice as Tommy's, though.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Daniele, I like the Cervino. It's another of my favorites of yours. Rich color that changes with the light. I looks to dress up and down too.

Tommy, is that red plaid a Woolrich?

Mayser, I agree with Dale - I also like the high crown on the Brüder Böhm.

Alan, that's a good look, the thin-ribbon, modest brim, tweed and bolo tie.

Stratcat, that is a great look! I joined not too long ago and wondered the same thing - with a limited number of hats, would I be welcome to post repeat wearings? The camaraderie here is so cool, I sort of wanted to be a part of it, if you know what I mean. The members were very welcoming. "No problem, just use a different angle and background." Or "That's OK, we like to see pictures of hats." I really appreciated it!

89quattro, yes the hat is a demo model given by Stetson to a local NYC hat shop. The shop is now concentrating on Stetson because Borsalino (their previous anchor vendor) is not producing too many hats these days. I've made myself a pest at that shop, doing a lot of my intro hat learning by buying hats there - so they gave this to me and asked me to test-wear it. It was too bigfor me. So they padded it with some sizing tape to make it fit better. They teardropped it for me and installed a wider ribbon. Not that I'm an expert, I'm not. If I ever get together with some of the more seasoned Lounge members, I'd like them to take a look at it. The hat had no name as of last week. But it's supposedly part of a new Fall 2015 line of "Excellent" quality, which is beaver, nutria and chinchilla. Matt Deckard reportedly had a hand in designing this one. It's got a softer, silkier hand than the other modern Stetson's I've handled. I like the felt more than my modern open-crown Premier Stratoliner. I'm trying to wear this it in inclement weather to see how it fares. I'm not crazy about the brim losing its shape, but the proportions are very good.

AMGbullitt

Familiar Face
Hi guys - new here. I tried to post here but cant get a picture to work. I was using photobucket. Any other sites you recommend for photo sharing?
Thanks

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
Yes, Greg vintage Woolrich hunting coat circa late fifties to mid sixties if I read Dinerman's guide correctly. I have a newer one in green as well

Thanks dh66, your Royal Stetson looks great to me. For some reason I like the feel of the sweatband in the Royals better than my higher end Stetsons of the same time. Maybe it's in my head or I'm a cheap date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82