Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregNYC

One Too Many
I love this thread!! BTW, are repeat hats allowed? I'm out of hats, having photographed them all. I wear a hat every day, so are new photos allowed of the same old hats I posted x days earlier? (I might get an Optimo-style Panama this week).

a7ugusev.jpg

They say you can't be too rich or too stingy, Mike. :eusa_clap

Greg, keep us posted. Are you in Queens?

Joao... massive hat. I'd wear that one creaseless, but that's just me.

Thanks for the appreciation and identification of my elm sphinx caterpillar. You might enjoy the traffic jam it created on its walk:

[video=vimeo;102848697]http://vimeo.com/102848697[/video]

GregNYC

One Too Many
Alan. yes, I live in Flushing, work in midtown Manhattan. More Optimo news shortly.

Hatophile, thanks for the info. I like looking at hats too!

Mike, I'm liking that stingy!

Last edited:
Today I spent some quality time with a lovely montecristi that I recently acquired from another Fedora Lounge member.

080714_2.jpg

080714_1.jpg

It was sold from a store in Habana.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Lots of good Mexican restaurants there now, maybe more towards Corona.

I also saw a very interesting Mexican sombrero shop on Roosevelt Ave. Stacks and stacks of Western hats with curled brims. Mostly straw. I should go visit sometime!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I love this thread!! BTW, are repeat hats allowed? I'm out of hats, having photographed them all.
Yes, you are allowed to repeat. I keep repeating some.

Another great big ole hat Joao and very cool.
Thank you. I like it too.

Joao... massive hat. I'd wear that one creaseless, but that's just me.
I thought that but ended keeping it creased. The Gus crease fits this massive crown so well.

Thanks for the comments... I'm happy to be able to wear this nice panama.

Lots of good Mexican restaurants there now, maybe more towards Corona.

I also saw a very interesting Mexican sombrero shop on Roosevelt Ave. Stacks and stacks of Western hats with curled brims. Mostly straw. I should go visit sometime!

Mexican, or Columbian? I once read that Jackson Heights was the second largest Columbian city in the world after Bogota. It has certainly become more diversified since my time there... still a great neighborhood.

GregNYC

One Too Many
The Ray-Ban Clubmasters are great with it. I really like good stingies, and this one exudes class. I see tons of $19 stingies and street-vendor Trilbies here in NYC. I think "Where's the taste?" But when I see one like this, I have hope again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld