Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - nice VS

Harv - great job on the ribbon replacement.

Perry - lovely ribbon/felt contrast

Charlie - I like that sahara

Sam - I'm guessing the Squatter has only lost the width of the ribbon binding? Looks good.

Daniele - welcome to the thread. Great velour.

John, Jhe88 - nice looking summer caps. I'm hoping I'll soon get mine out.

Alan - our Robins are around in the winter, but I understand the sentiment. With me it's the Chestnuts breaking bud. Lovely Knox.

David - great Stetson. Very late for you :)

Going noirish on this rainy afternoon...(won't be able to enjoy this one much longer before I box it and gift wrap it)...

Film_Noir_Resistol.jpg

Terry, buddy, don't tell me you are gonna miss a black hat. That is unheard of!

...(won't be able to enjoy this one much longer before I box it and gift wrap it)...

Au contraire, Terry. You'll enjoy it even more seeing it on your son's head! Love the happy noir look today, my friend!

Joao I thought that was the OTHER black hat...? They're ALL great!

The LINEN caps are a sure sign of spring, gents. Thank you!

And a special WELCOME to Daniele on your first post, with that GREAT Moussant!!!

Last edited:

casechopper

May I ask what the brim dimensions are after the cut down, and perhaps the crown height? I really like the proportions of that hat! Tim/Cane Rod Maker will soon be making my first custom hat for me, and the dimensions are something I'm still undecided on.

It's been cut to a dimensional 2 5/8" front and back and 2 1/2" on the sides. Crown height is about 5" at the highest point when popped open.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Enjoy? But you don't like black hats...
The last comment I would like to do about that hat (it stills creeps me out when I think of it but I have to let it go) is that I hope it will not end forever inside a closet or "hated" like your ex-indy conversion.

No, I don't like Black hats but I'm somewhat attached to this one. It's my first real conversion and it came out really good. I feel bad for your sake about cutting it down and converting it to a fedora...and I probably would have finally committed to selling it to you if my son didn't want it. I know it's disappointing right now but somewhere along the way another Stagecoach with a 4 + brim will turn up.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - I'm convinced a great hat collection is preferable to a healthy bank balance ;)
Not to my parents (and they can notice small differences). Even today I got the "non aproval" look to that Winchester-Stetson...

Joao I thought that was the OTHER black hat...? They're ALL great!
Thanks. To the despair of some people I have a somehow "large" collection of black hats among side with different colours. I can confuse my neighbours :)

Cold and breezy here today. Harris Tweed and cap (Christys) time:
Just like here. Computer states that incoming air is 11ºC... and I'm inside a house. Temperature is dropping again :(

No, I don't like Black hats but I'm somewhat attached to this one. It's my first real conversion and it came out really good. I feel bad for your sake about cutting it down and converting it to a fedora...and I probably would have finally committed to selling it to you if my son didn't want it. I know it's disappointing right now but somewhere along the way another Stagecoach with a 4 + brim will turn up.
I don't know if I'll come across another Stagecoach with that brim size. It's easier to people in the US to come across one than me as I only have ebay as a source and Western Resistols or Stetsons are non existence here. I have to "fight" the world or annoy "US only" sellers and most times give up because the price as gone too high as I have to think of shipping cost and import taxes. Maybe it was my fault to create big expectations I could get it because you didn't liked it, didn't know what to do with it and a hat with that brim size in perfectly shape doesn't appear often. I almost cried when I saw it. I felt like bishop when ripley threw herself into the furnace in Aliens 3. But that again, maybe my own fault and I must get over it.

Maybe you will enjoy it again when you visit or your son visits you.

Rogera

I've been watching the beautiful lids come up all day keeping me somewhat sane during the work insanity. I am finally glad to start the weekend! Perry inspired me to grab my Strat tonight to go get some stuffed jalepenos at the local HEB for dinner tonight, happy to finally get to join my fellow loungers!

gear-guy

Practically Family
Everyone nice hats, T Jones I realize that you don't like black hat but you sure do look good in them!.
Case, love it
Hat, looking good
Richard, what can I say, as always quite dapper
Rogera, a splendid look
Joao, I really like it
Anyone I missed I'm sorry but very tired and rushed tonight but everyone is looking great. Keep on styling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe