Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latoso

Familiar Face
It's close to 20 below here in Chiberia aka AntarcDitka! So only Soviet head gear will do.
syzyzupa.jpg

My family came over from what is now Ukraine in the first few years of the 20th C. I don't think anyone has visited since. I would like to.

A couple of my daughters came over from there in the early 21st. You should go. I think you would be surprised, both pleasantly and otherwise - depending on where you visited, about what you'd find. And with the current exchange rate it would be a very affordable trip.
I'd suggest waiting for summertime though.;)

erebymuj.jpg

Very Ukraine like temps here today. Very un-Ukraine like earflaps down.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I love how as the temp goes down the Fedoras go away and hats with ear cover come out. It was still in the 40's in my part of Connecticut today. Had a stress test at the Cardiologist today after I stopped by Pyramid Shriners new temple for a quick beer.
sporting my Knox 20 from the 50's. Love the felt on this hat it molds like putty.
20140106_143407_zpsm7rc8nar.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:

hatguy1

One Too Many
I love how as the temp goes down the Fedoras go away and hats with ear cover come out. It was still in the 40's in my part of Connecticut today. Had a stress test at the Cardiologist today after I stopped by Pyramid Shriners new temple for a quick beer.
sporting my Knox 20 from the 50's. Love the felt on this hat it molds like putty.
Jeff

Good lookin' hat, Jeff. I like how it goes with the shirt (and it goes with the beer too, now that I take a 2nd look at it).

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Richard, I would like to find a brown derby someday. Have enough black ones to... well, you know how that goes.

I'm still looking for a nice vintage one - this is a modern Christy's wool one I picked up just after they stopped making them, as I realised finding a vintage one in a 60/61 was going to take a long time!

Latoso & Dale - stying warm & stylish :)

Jeff - hope the cardiologists report was favourable. You're looking good in that hat.

Latoso

Familiar Face
Cool artifact of the Cold War. Bet there's a story behind that headgear.

It does have an interesting story. One of my friends served in the Army as an MP in Kosovo. He had to respond to a shooting of a Russian soldier who was shot by a local father when said soldier came requesting his daughter's services. Unfortunately the soldier didn't survive, but my friend kept the hat. I know it's a little morbid, but it's a very warm hat, and it's my size which is why my friend have it to me. I actually had the hat for a couple of years before I found out the real story behind it. I'm surprised that even though the Soviet Union had been dissolved by then, the hat still had the Soviet shield on it.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

Jeff
Love the Knox! Nice! I had a stress test done a few years back too. I check out in good shape. Very healthy heart, until I got the bill from the Cardiologist! Then I had a real heart attack!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Richard - no one rocks a bowler like you and bowlerman
dh66 - good cold weather gear there. Love the hat.
The Justin triplets?
Jeff - you're looking way too comfortable and satisfied for this cold weather. Maybe it's the beer. Or the Knox.
David - very nice, clean Stetson. The plum scarf is a perfect complement to the hat and jacket

Wearing a true vintage 1920s 8-panel that I got from Johnny J.

View attachment 8073

View attachment 8074

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe