Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great cap Manfred. Good complement to the peacoat and sweater.
So many great hats this morning and yesterday from all.

btw - TJones the OR looks awesome. Maybe if the material is sub- par you could keep it for the best beater around, and in a few years when you've really worn the absolute s*** out of it you could put in on ebay and make a fortune from some Johnny Depp fan

HrM special shout out to your people. Looks like you truly had a lot to be thankful for my friend.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great cap Manfred. Good complement to the peacoat and sweater.
So many great hats this morning and yesterday from all.

btw - TJones the OR looks awesome. Maybe if the material is sub- par you could keep it for the best beater around, and in a few years when you've really worn the absolute s*** out of it you could put in on ebay and make a fortune from some Johnny Depp fan

HrM special shout out to your people. Looks like you truly had a lot to be thankful for my friend.

Richard, hatsRme, Rogera, dh66 Thanks for the comments guys. To be fair, the 4X felt is still good quality and has a real nice hand to it. It's just the liner and the sweat that are subpar quality to the originals...and the crown on this one seems to have a noticeable taper. But, those issues can be resolved by sending it out and having the crown reblocked and replacing the sweat and liner. No big deal really. It just kind of sparked my interest a bit in comparing older Stetsons to the ones that were made after hatco bought them out.

Here's a comparative photo between an original OR and one after Stetson sold out to another company...

The OR on the left is an original from the '60s(?), and the one on the right is an OR made after Stetson sold out to another company. Notice the difference in the crowns. The original (left) has a boxier crown while the crown on the other one (right) has an obvious taper...
View attachment 6468

btw, Manfred, beautiful cap my friend!

Last edited:
You and the cap are looking glamorous under the lights, Manfred!

Thanks for the HAT FAMILY comments, fellows! A long time goal of mine, it DID take a LOT of planning, cajoling, badgering, and even a little whining to make this happen. And one "participant" hid in the other room, with his hat on. I had fourteen guys in FEDORAS for this.

Last night, returning from yet another dinner, my Mohave again. Did I mention that I love this hat?!

Experimenting with the camera, I took off my glasses, feeling noir-ish...

I feel it! ;) Grainy, that is.

But it's more than just the B&W aspect. The properties of the films used and lighting differences were as important. As were good hats, properly worn.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, your family fedora photo is great - I like the VS too.

TJ, my rule of thumb when considering buying a Stetson is to go by the size tag. Square tag = mid 60's or later and I don't bid.

Manfred - good look with the cap. I hope you'll have new hats to show is.

Heading to the store to get the ingredients to make turkey curry today (other then the turkey of course!), hat is a Mallory 10

smugshot_5383918-L.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Man, Charlie. The Mojave is stunning. Wonderful family hat photo too!

Richard, you're a walking advertisement for the Fed iv. Fantastic!

Love the cap Manfred, and good to see ya!

David, now that sounds good. I can't really stand Turkey by itself, but in a curry... yum! Beautiful Mallory.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
TJ, my rule of thumb when considering buying a Stetson is to go by the size tag. Square tag = mid 60's or later and I don't bid.
Thanks DJH, I'll definitely keep that in mind...Fortunately I know a guy who can fix my hat right up!
BTW, Your Mallory 10 is awesome!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Happy Saturday, all.

I ditto the Mohave comments, Charlie. Sweet "noirish" touch, too.

I'm going with the Bergen Hatters mystery hat again. Maybe it's the novelty of it that I like.

vete7epu.jpg

A day without a hat is like night.

Matt

g.durand

One Too Many
Manfred--good to see an Oxford man. I hope you had a successful hunt at the fleamarket today.

T Jones--yes, beat that newer Stetson up and save the older one. They both look pretty good in the photo, though. Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Charlie--going back a couple of days--I, too, enjoyed the BOB hat photo. Nice Mojave there, detective.

David--that looks to be a perfect Ten.

Matt--I'm not sure if I could pull off wearing that hat, but it sure works for you. Thanks for showing it to us again.

I wore the Lee Corral with a steerhide jacket this morning.
photo-65_zps0a557578.jpg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good Afternoon Gents! Everyone is looking dapper!

mmbarnes, Nice one! I like it!
g.durand, thanks for the comment my friend. Looking great in the Lee Corral thin ribbon. Very nice hat! The leather jacket makes for a nice touch to the combo!

I just had to do it! ;) Today on this sunny but chilly afternoon from Central Ohio I'm wearing my Ohio State hat and jacket combo! Celebrating the team's narrow 42-41 victory over arch-rival Michigan! A real nail biter!

h0rn.jpg

7enujumu.jpg

Took the kids over to my mom's house for Thanksgiving dinner round two. Little fingers covered in gravy and pie make a good occasion for a cap

Although the hats in this thread never fail to amaze and/or impress me, there were a couple of stand-outs in the most recent batch for me:

Last night, returning from yet another dinner, my Mohave again. Did I mention that I love this hat?!
I can see why--that hat is truly stunning!

7enujumu.jpg

Took the kids over to my mom's house for Thanksgiving dinner round two. Little fingers covered in gravy and pie make a good occasion for a cap.
Out of the various caps you've posted, this one is my favorite and always gets my attention, and it suits you perfectly!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
What can I say but a great hatted holiday so far of caps & hats !

Dale , furfelt ,kids & sticky stuff been there.....lol

T Jones, well looks like a quality cap for a killer game. dig the OR too.

g.durand, Lee & Leather OK that's cool......

Matt, & the mystery hat, sorta Ed Daddy Roth ! yea...

David , & the Mallory 10 yes a good hat to wake up to ...

Charlie, Noir in a VS it doesn't get any better than that ! oh the Family in Fedora's pics are fun & the kid Gabe he got style.....

Manfred, aka flea market raider in a nice cap hope you found a good score...

yup and the hats through Thursday all cool , Richard, Matt again, Sam, Strapped, Aaron, B-Man, & Bert

well ive been enjoying my NorthWest custom & the kids are sportin BeeCool straw, Cloche, Tru-Form Royalist...

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34%3B6%3Dot%3E27%3A6%3D%3B%3B3%3D%3A48%3D36%3B5%3B%3B395734%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7887%3Dot%3E27%3A6%3D%3A65%3D877%3D36%3B5%3A6578634%3Bnu0mrj

:cool:

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv74%3Dot%3E27%3A6%3D%3B%3B3%3D9%3A%3C%3D36%3B5%3B%3B38%3B%3B34%3Bnu0mrj

che :cool:

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
T Jones--thank you, too, sir. Congrats on your favorites pulling it out. I'll be watching the Super Bowl runners-up tomorrow. (Still can't get that taste out of my mouth!)

dh66--yes, good idea to wear the cap and keep the fedoras clean. By the way, I enjoyed seeing the Odessa photo you posted in the Fedoras Afield thread.

Che--looks like you and the little ones are enjoying our mild, late fall weather. All nicely hatted, too.

Out near Sears Point this afternoon in a Camp Draft.
Photo1-238_zps3a449c43.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
G, Steve, Dale, Che, TJ, Jeff, David and Charlie, thanks so much for the kind words about my Oxford Cap. I appreciate them all!

G, wonderful area and the right hat on the head, fantastic! Indeed, I brought to hats at Home!

Che, great photos. All of your family are well hatted and grandpa too! Found to nice Wegeners on the Market!

Dale, looking good, natural hat and Cap wearer, both looking sharp on you!

TJ, nice hat and Cap combo! Both hats are great!

Matt, a good looking Bergen!

Jeff, thank you so much!

David, awesome Mallory, what a sharp looking hat! I will post the new arrivals from flea market today!

Charlie, I love it too, a hammer hat, your Mojave and you wear him great!

Steve, thank you my friend. Yes I find two nice Wegeners a Homburg Cornet and a very special shaped Colonel!

Lotsahats

One Too Many
So many great hats! Charlie, that Sahara's a real thrill. Che, love that you're starting those kids early with great hats. G.D., I don't think I've seen you in a hat that doesn't look good.

So many others--love seeing them all, gentlemen!

A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe