Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
092713.jpg

A marvelous Mallory made with mixed materials which came to me from my friend Joshbru.

The crown as creased rises 5", somewhat exaggerated in appearance (along with the cragginess of my face) by the iPhone and new iOS7.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon Gents! Gotta make it short and sweet. The wife is yelling for me....excuse me, BRB..."For Cryin' Out Loud! Can you wait a sec! Geez!"...Okay. I'm back guys. Anyway, you guys never disappoint! I love the collection of lids today! +10 Guys!

For me on this sunny nice afternoon from Central Ohio I'm wearing my tight fitting Stetson 3X Open Road. No sense in letting it sit in the hat box. Thought I'd give it some air today!....

cpfa.jpg

View attachment 4670

Lot of great hats to look at on my lunch break today.
TJones I love the OpenRoad
Alan you look ready for the speakeasy - very nice vintage look
Speaking of seriously vintage looks, BJ that one is going on, really sharp
SBG I like the stratoliner clone. VS makes some great hats. Nice jacket too
Great thin ribbon borsalino too Hatophile
O.G. that champ really works for you
Casehopper the homburg looks downright regal on your head
DJH - great whippet, again a classic look for you
Celestial welcome in, thats a good looking straw
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend, I know I'm sure looking forward to mine.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

buler

I'll Lock Up
A marvelous Mallory made with mixed materials which came to me from my friend Joshbru.

The crown as creased rises 5", somewhat exaggerated in appearance (along with the cragginess of my face) by the iPhone and new iOS7.

Alan, glad to see it being worn! It's one of the nicer hats I ever found. Bought that in 2009 along with 2 other "heather" felt hats. Almost passed them up because they were 7's. But I sensed they were something special. That hat is still my favorite green color felt.

B

Alan, glad to see it being worn! It's one of the nicer hats I ever found. Bought that in 2009 along with 2 other "heather" felt hats. Almost passed them up because they were 7's. But I sensed they were something special. That hat is still my favorite green color felt.

B

Thanks for your keen eyes, B.

For those who might notice the odd line at the top of the ribbon, that is a basting stitch, still in place to (I believe) protect the ribbon in transit.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan, indeed that is a stunning example, not to mention a great shade of green.

T Jones, the 3x looks perfect on you, great crease too. I'd never guess it was too small from the photo.

Got out of the house a few brief moments today, in my tumwater silver belly, but changing for the rain to my new akubra campdraft, as my son and I embark on his very first cub scouting event: the neighborhood popcorn sale!

Neither photo is from today.

gajy4y6y.jpg

su3u2aju.jpg

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Picked up a great grey Borsalino from bond. It's a thing of beauty, and it's become my daily hat; here I'm wearing it a bit back on my head.

image.jpg

Cheers,
A

(Edit for better pic!)

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Thanks for the comments on the campdraft. It’s a great all around hat. Better with the new ribbon.

Wow!! Can you give some specifics about that lid? I might have to order one and trim it up like this!!

This one’s just an ordinary 58 glen gray campdraft with the brim trimmed to 2 1/8” and a ribbon just a bit under 1 and 5/8.” I have reblocked it on a 23” straight side dome “Hatshaper” I have, and used an ordinary hat stretcher to take it to long oval. It’s also been rolled up and beat on a lot to break it in.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Steve, Manfred said it best-- a real flagship in your collection! Wow.
Mike-- love the new Panama, and the Lock & Co. is fantastic!
BJ-- excellent conversion, a real treasure there!
David-- The Penman is outstanding, and today's Whippet just glows! Awesome.
Andy-- Nice dimensions and ribbon on that Champ!
Perry-- The Borso looks amazing, something on the finer, classier side of an OR.
Sam-- now here is another one of your hats that I would really covet. Exudes attitude and class all in one!

+1

Enjoy the popcorn Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82