Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks as though this has been a great hat Saturday.

Beautiful late summer day in New Hampshire today. Started out in the 40's then warmed to low 80's by late afternoon.

As the temperature changed, so did I. Garrison Raiders, Stetson Whippet, Worth & Worth Montecristi

sept7-2013-L.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I haven't worn a hat most of today as I'm home watching the kids and waiting around for my wife and son to finish up at the hospital. With some dead time I took a few photos of different hats to kill some time.

Hat people full cut cap
IMG_7987.JPG

Carmack Whiskey
IMG_7999s.JPG

Wide ribbon campdraft
IMG_8003s.JPG

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
Chepstow that herringbone cap looks awesome, an especially good look with the vest. Looks great on you.

Mr.Weinstein that's a very nice Akubra. It also pairs well with that particularly nice looking vest you are wearing.

Thanks, dh66. It's probably my favorite of my 9 hats. Between the hat and the vest, other visitors to the Old Tucson Studios movie/TV studio-Old West theme restoration thought I worked there :eek:)

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
Manfred - the cap looks great! Wish I could find one that makes me look that good.

HW - great re-bash of the Akubra. Perfect hat for Arizona!

Thanks, Orangegrad. It really was the perfect AZ-trip hat. Oddly enough, I didn't see many AZ natives wearing "native" western hats.

casechopper

SUV's are not where the headroom is. I'm driving a 2000 Ford E-150 conversion van with a high top in that photo. There aren't too many vehicles outside of real trucks that have that kind of head room. I'll have to change family cars soon though as my family just hit the passenger limit (7) and I'll need to look into something bigger. My daily driver for commuting is a 2000 ford contour though and with that car I do have to cram some hats down a bit to not hit the ceiling. I also lay the seat back a bit so I'm not sitting upright. It does help that I'm not too tall as well.

Y'know, I'm really starting to dislike you. Not only do you have a wonderful selection of hats, every one of which you look good in, but it appears you can also wear them while driving. When I try to wear either of my hats while driving, (yes, I only have the two...for now) the crown hits the headliner and the brim hits the headrest regardless of whether I'm driving my truck or my wife's SUV. :Cry:

;)

ManofKent

Ole - great looking OR

David - Nice triptych - I love all three.

Sam - Nice pics

Thanks all for comments on the bowler. A decent vintage brown bowler is on my watch list, but for a modern one the Christys isn't bad.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Ole and Richard, many thanks for the nice comments about the cap!

Sam, very nice selection of hats but also your shoes are an eye catcher!

David, very nice selection of hats too. I do not know which hat looks better! All are great!

Ole, thanks, hats in my size for me the other for ebay, I can not resist to buy all sizes of hats.
A shame to let them there. Nice name, fleamarket shark!
A beautyful classic OR, Ole.. Well worn from a man with a great knowledge!

fedoracentric, sounds good!

Richard, that Christy looks very good on you also the Vest, a great style !
I hope your pain is tolerable. PS. Thanks for the flea market wishes, but I guess today, it falls in the water. Heavy rainy today!!

g-durand, looking good the old Panama with the colored pug!

SUV's are not where the headroom is. I'm driving a 2000 Ford E-150 conversion van with a high top in that photo. There aren't too many vehicles outside of real trucks that have that kind of head room. I'll have to change family cars soon though as my family just hit the passenger limit (7) and I'll need to look into something bigger. My daily driver for commuting is a 2000 ford contour though and with that car I do have to cram some hats down a bit to not hit the ceiling. I also lay the seat back a bit so I'm not sitting upright. It does help that I'm not too tall as well.
I suspected you were driving a larger vehicle. My daily driver is a 2007 Honda Ridgeline which, under normal conditions, has plenty of headroom (or so I thought). But I'm 6'1" and, because of my bad back, I have to have the seat back almost perfectly vertical so that I can sit as upright as possible (one of the reasons we bought the truck), so removing my hat(s) is less problematic than adjusting the seat so that I can wear them.

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
Manfred - great cap. I hope tomorrow's flea market raid is more successful.

HW - nice job on the re-bash and as a vest fan I'm envious of the vest.

The vest is Frontier Classics brand, purchased from Wild West Mercantile online (they're in Arizona). It's all cotton, machine washable and dryable. Came out of the suitcase without any wrinkles. Light and comfortable even on a sunny day in the southwestern US. :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Phew! I have a lot of catching up to do... and I only missed a few days! Really enjoying the show, fellas!

Selecting a few more recent posts:

HatsRMe, MAN I am really digging your hats and photos lately! I think the post with your first VS Granite is superb.

Richard, the Christy's is great! I really love a brown bowler.

TheDane, what great scenery in which you're walking around in that very sharp 3XOR.

David, I like the transition, not only on your head, but on your face-- the smile also seemed to progress with the temperature!

Sam, great shots. The standing up with your modified CD is my favorite. 7 in the family now! My 3 kids keep asking for a little brother or sister, and I just about have a heart attack at the very notion!

Manfred, WOW, the Echter Rockel Haar ROCKS on you. Congratulations on a great find!

Here is a bit of catch up from my week (thanks for your indulgence!) ;) The highlight of my week was finding these "vintage" Oakley eye jacket sunglasses in snakeskin. I had an identical pair in high school, which I lost years ago, and kind of always wanted to find a replacement... They aren't as comfortable as my Ray Bans, but it's comforting to own them again! lol

D Bar J 5X:
uzpb.jpg

Falcon Park Black Cherry:
z7t.JPG

Stetson Royal Deluxe OR:
3a2.JPG

Stetson Excellent Quality derby:
rj8n.jpg

And my Tumwater silver belly, which you've seen a lot lately, so I'll give you a slightly more abstracted shot:
rg61.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Sam - nice hats in your pics. Like Jeff, the CD with the wider ribbon is my favorite.

David - Nice triptych - I love all three.

Thanks, Richard. It was nice to see you stepping out.

David, very nice selection of hats too. I do not know which hat looks better! All are great!

Cheers, Manfred! I'm with Rusty, the Echter Rockel look is really good for you.

David, I like the transition, not only on your head, but on your face-- the smile also seemed to progress with the temperature!

Thanks, Jeff. Great hats from you today. Hard to pick a favorite, but I really the look of the D bar J.

Nice bright day here, although a little cooler and windy. Been wearing my Simonds cap today

smugshot_3666810-L.jpg

ManofKent

Manfred - the Rockel looked good off, and looks even better in situ.

Jeff - great selection of hats. Unsurprisingly I really like the derby, and the Falcon is also particularly nice.

David - we don't often see you in a cap - it looks good.

Mingoslim - lovely Artlite

Sun and showers down by the creek. Akubra Fed IV:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful hat's & caps this weekend gents !

every one a winner.

casechopper, Anticipating His new Baby Boy's Homecoming With a nice Varity of hats & caps.

Manfred, Rocking the Rockel ! Flea Market Raider Scores !

B-Man, Combo Catch Up very nice week for you..

David, Great Cap its You !

Mingoslim, Rocking a Art-Lite very kool...

M o K, Wonderful Ak & river background shot

Well its hot & just a Lazy Sunday
[video=youtube;IUNx0j9Gaho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUNx0j9Gaho&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
Antique tall crown Panama on Moco
My new Vintage Mermaid Model is sporting a Stevens Pace Setter also Mocos Hat
:cool:

Last edited:
Impossible to top Moco! Even asleep, he tops today's posts with that his center dent siesta lid.
Jeff your line up of lids is fantastic. Each one more amazing than the last one! And thank you for your kind comments, sir!
Manfred your new Echter is perfect for you. HERE, HERE for the Haar!!
Sam, your waiting time is well covered... Great variety!
David, we're not as accustomed to seeing you in caps, but you do it well!
Mingoslim you couldn't be more correct, sir... Art Fawcett ROCKS, and you rock that Artlite!
Richard, that may be a perfect brim width for you, sir. Well done!

Today, I kept on wearing a Panama Hats Direct Special Reserve. Hand blocked by Art Fawcett, it's funky but a favorite due to the casual comfort and (IMHO) subtle, sublime simplicity.
View attachment 4123 View attachment 4124 View attachment 4125

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe