Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Manfred, just stunning. The parabuntal is a good companion for you!

Resistol silver belly 3X, if my wife lets me out of the house in it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

g.durand

One Too Many
Justin--the 1920s Stetson is a nice one. Hope you got some sleep in the heat. We don't have AC either and depend on the natural cooling from the Pacific breezes, but when the wind reverses direction and starts blowing the heat out of the central valley, we suffer, too.

Andy--a good hat for the weather you're having. Here in CA we're not worried about rain right now since the climate is similar to the Mediterranean region (wet winter, dry summer), but there is concern about what the low lying areas next to the coast would be like with a rise in sea level.

Joao--thanks for another look at the Resistol.

Manfred--I think I may be enjoying your vacation almost as much as you are. You chose the right hat for it.

Jeff--almost missed you there. You gotta just wear it, man!!

Stetson Whippet in the cool morning.
IMG_2923_zpsb72cbf62.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Thanks for the comments from the other day. Wearing my newly arrived Beaver Brand western. Will be starting the fedora conversion process tonight.

DSCF2729-1_zpsb2ec774f.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
I've not seen a Whippet like that G, very nice!

I sometimes wonder what may have been done to a vintage hat, especially one in such high demand as a Whippet. Not hard to change a liner on another model for example to make it look like what you want it to look like. But everything looks original on this one, and it was practically new when I got it. Originally sold in the Los Angeles area, it may have been from a run Stetson did for the Southern California market. I can picture a guy in the 1950s in a linen suit and wearing this hat while dropping a few dollars on the ponies at Santa Anita...

Whippet3_zps63a1b743.jpg

IMG_2926_zps9086b3fb.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Whoa pardner, I like the Western. If you put on a cowboy shirt, you'd look like a 20's cowboy with the hat and mustache!

Yeah, that western does look good on you.

Thanks gents. I have to admit I rather like the brim. Can’t stand a pointy, tapered crown though. First thing I’ll do is re-block the crown, and then we’ll see what she looks like. Might have to get a nice custom western next year though now for sure.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Man, I'm lovin' the Western Hats here today guys! Y'all look great!
Love the Panama Chepstowe! The Banjo Peterson's a real nice looking hat orangegrad. I love that style! g.durand, now that's what I call a classic Stetson Fedora, Awesome lid!

I'm goin' Hawaiian today and sporting my Bogart Panama by Cappas...

5lnk.jpg

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happy Saturday everyone! Beautiful round of lids to day!
My granddaughter had her first birthday today so we threw her a party at a park. Went with my Dobbs again for some shade. We are having some super bright days around here as evidenced by the baby's expression. I keep trying to get her to wear a hat but it always ends up on the ground!

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Man, I'm lovin' the Western Hats here today guys! Y'all look great!
Love the Panama Chepstowe! The Banjo Peterson's a real nice looking hat orangegrad. I love that style! g.durand, now that's what I call a classic Stetson Fedora, Awesome lid!

I'm goin' Hawaiian today and sporting my Bogart Panama by Cappas...

5lnk.jpg

Seems your weather in Cental Ohio was better than mine, TJ. I've worn my Panama once so far. Strangest weather for summer I can remember. Good looking Panama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82