Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingles

A-List Customer
Torpedo said:
Hi,

Today it was a trials day.

Up to now, I did not wear fedoras with too casual wear, but this meant there was a part of the time, when I like to dress informally, that I went bareheaded... an undesirable situation ;) , so I have started to try out casual hat doctrine, too.

I believe stingies are more appropriate for such a need, so, today I sported a Champ stingy, soft centerdent, soft frontal pinch, with snapped up (or would it be more correct to say unsnapped?) brim.

I liked it. What do you think?

PICT0658.jpg

PICT0660.jpg

Regards!

Looks GREAT! You pull off the casual hat look well... love it with the brim up too!

Torpedo

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey Torp' if I were facing you in court I wouldn't know whether you were gonna' throw the book at me or whip into a saxophone solo! But I'd have to admit you've got style in spades.

Eeeeehh, wait a sec'...

When I said I had a trials day I meant a test day, not anything related to court! ;) I would not dare appearing at court in anything near that casual!

Indy, I have a single newsboy at present, and it is a lightweight (cotton) one.
It served me well for summer, but I need something a little more consistent now. I have been looking at B!Wear and HatPeople for a couple of winter newsboys, and will surely make an order soon. B!Wear caps look like they are more bulky and floppy than HatPeople's, at least if you compare with HP's "Full Cut" model, so I am tempted to follow that way. Your B!W suits you excellently, but I have a sparser frame... :eek:

RBH

Bartender
Jauntyone said:
Thanks, RBH. Do you think it will give the hat a more fedora-esque look with a lower front pinch? I had originally bashed it lower, but then went back and raised the pinch a bit because because a taller profile seemed to me to be more in proportion to the wider brim. But now that I've read your advice, I might re-lower the pinch. Always go with your first instinct!

day012.jpg

I say give it a shot. I had my Campdraft lower at first. But i have gotten used to the brim and crown and raised mine up a little.
Do you have a center dent, c-crown or diamond crease?
A diamond with a little lower side dents can also make a difference.
Try some things out... just dont give up on the thin ribbon! :D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks gents. Thought I'd give it a wear before it warms up too much around here again. This one is kinda' unique among my hats. It's quite thick, yet really soft and pliable. Has a very generous brim with a felted in edge and a pretty tall crown. That's a deep center dent I put in it. I don't know much about Lee hats - this is my only one - but maybe it's on the older side. [huh]

Gene, if you get a chance take and post a picture of the liner and the sweat imprints, that can give us an indication sometimes about the age. Don't forget to take a peek behind the sweat to see if there are any tag info too.

Neato lid.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Today it was raining, so time for a proper fedora!

It is the Disney 15 I rebashed a few days ago, Sam Spade-style.

PICT0677.jpg

Little Laura and Sango the kitten wanted to share the moment!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
John in Covina said:
Gene, if you get a chance take and post a picture of the liner and the sweat imprints, that can give us an indication sometimes about the age. Don't forget to take a peek behind the sweat to see if there are any tag info too.

Neato lid.

Thanks for takin' a look. Here's the inside scoop - er, pictures:

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Today is Halloween and I wore all black to my art class at the Art Center, plus a black cat half-mask. So, I wore my black Stetson Open Road, which had been restyled to be a fedora rather than a "cowboy" hat.

karol

Wow Gene!

Good shots of the inside info on that Lee. I am not sure of the date but I do recall that we get a change where the sweat bands go from brown to black leather, maybe late fifties early sixties? Yours certainly predates the change. The tag itself has an early feel, the form and the numbers aren't lined up exactly, posible it was hand stamped with the info before being sewn in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82