Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. I enjoyed working on this hat. These simple pieces of equipment can accomplish a lot. It is quite difficult to remove old crease marks from a telescoped crown. I dialed the Gravé all the way in and working with it as a tiny block, steamed and ironed the crown as I rotated it around the Garvé. It actually worked better than I expected. The felt vita-lity helped too. Jacket is a thrift store find from my dad.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan, impressive work on a bit of very fine headwear.

Everyone's looking great today!

Eric, I see a resemblance there-- I think the bear is trying to mimic your usual stoic poses! :) The flagship is amazing, but that VS really takes the cake! Not a clunker in your collection.

Manfred, the Stetson fifteen is gorgeous, isn't it? Alas, it's 1,300 miles away in my dad's closet! One day... The black Strat is great. Black hats are every bit as wearable as anything else! Looks good!

I am continuing in my Falcon Park trend, and wearing my staplefelt overwelt.

image28dl.jpg

One Too Many
Nice work, gents. Eric, that Flagship is top notch.

I followed Manfred's lead... had some time this morning to clean up my newly acquired Vita-Felt Process Stratoliner. It appears the hat had rested in a telescoped gambler crease for some time. It took a bit of work with the flange and Garvé, but I was able to remove almost all traces of it and restore the brim to a respectable shape. Here are some photos of the hat on the flange ready for a light steam iron and a couple of comparison shots with my non-vita Strat of similar vintage. They are interesting to compare... I will share some additional pictures and thoughts in the hat comparison thread later today.

112912_1.jpg

112912_2.jpg

112912_3.jpg

112912.jpg
Hi Alan ¡¡¡ You are always wearing fine ¡¡¡ great ha ¡¡¡¡ Cheers ¡¡¡

Cheers back to you my friend... thank you.

And thank you Jeff. I like your photo drenched in sunshine. Around here, sunshine in November is a special thing and we had some today too.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Great job on the pictures. I have a questions, is the guy's mustache real or fake? In a couple of the pictures it looks pasted on, in others it looks perfectly real.

Just curious

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Nice Cap Case,
OK a good hat day from,
Davids Whippet to Eric's Flagship,,,,, HeY where was Hato this morning ?
to a few nice early Strats,
Eric's very nice Flagship great hat & a Dapper Bear !
Chepstows super cool Strat (i want a black strat)
& the Vita-felt strat, Geez Alan you got nice tools to work with & the Talent
B-Man & his quest for a Mode Edge. those are cool, & the FP is protecting him
Job, busted out the Akruba Fed,
TPD, looks real happy with the crease on the nice OR a good one tooo,
Rodkins & the Pilgrim, some good Wards & Pennys hats have been poping up
A good hat day !:cool:

OK went to the Doc today & wore My lucky Borsalino same one we rolled into the operating room.....& recovery room,
Doc says im doing well watch the Diet & im back to work after X-Mas.....Im gonna be bored....but got you Guys here to pass time with :cool:!

232323232%7Ffp54363%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A2%3A6434334%3Bnu0mrj

Stepped on a few tiny Turds,,,Geez:eusa_doh:
232323232%7Ffp734%3A9%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A2%3A642%3C534%3Bnu0mrj

Alan, we have the same identical FeatherWeights I love this & it worked well in the light rain.
232323232%7Ffp54389%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3A2%3A59%3A9634%3Bnu0mrj
:cool:

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the Whippet comments today, guys - much appreciated!

Yet another great hat day, here at the Lounge. Fantastic to see you up, about and doing well, Che! Watch out for the turds!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Indeed, another great day of hats, but then again, I cannot recall a day that disappointed.

Kudos to the early posters, David, Mike, Robert, John, and Eric, on your outstanding lids.

David: Another thoroughbred from your kennel of Whippets.

Mike: Your Pilgrim illustrates well all of the attributes of the brand, which is too often overlooked and underrated.

Robert: Nice looking Open Road.

John: Excellent ensemble today.

Eric: Love your Flagship in every way.

Great series of midday(for us) hats as well, Manfred, Alan, Eric(again!), and Jeff.

Manfred: Your new Stratoliner looks even better on your noggin, my friend.

Alan: I envy you your time...and hats. Looking insouciant and debonair.

Eric: A study in contrasts, texture and color. Very nice.

Jeff: Enjoying your Falcon Park hit parade.

Hats off to the evening shift, casechopper and Che.

casechopper: Really like the variety of hats you wear, all with aplomb.

Che: So very glad to know that your follow-up went well. It is a bonus to see you posting. Lovely Borsalino and beautiful portraits, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe