Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan; Flattering pics. You pics cultivate an aura of class and style. I tip my hat to you. BTW; Great pics of the recent college jaunts.

Dave; Very fine example of a "bon vivant" fedora this morning.

Fine lids folks!

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Early morning practice over and I headed home to walk the dogs and enjoy a pleasant cup of coffee.

Post - practice pic with the morning sun thru the dance studio's crazy windows. Just can not seem to get a good pic in this room.

IMG_3451-M.jpg

Post dog walk pic. The 45'F temps seem warm. The streaks of light filtered by the conifers add more dimension to the hat pic.

IMG_3470-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

(Hatted in VS Whippet-esque sahara felt and Cavaunagh Homberg in inky blue.)

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Black Bailey Yates. I am not sure black looks good with what I have on. Got a post about this in the ask a question thread. What color would be better than black with this ensemble? Dark Brown? Dark Grey?

Tan pants, navy blue sweater.

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I think black works fine with the ensemble. A dark grey or brown hat would work to, IMO. How about a khaki/silver belly?

D Bar J today:

012ik.jpg

front view:

001gvi.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Black Bailey Yates. I am not sure black looks good with what I have on. Got a post about this in the ask a question thread. What color would be better than black with this ensemble? Dark Brown? Dark Grey?

Tan pants, navy blue sweater.

Black hat is fine IMO. A brown hat would also go, whether light or dark brown; a silverbelly color also. A dark gray could also go with it, but personally I would not select a medium to light gray hat, because I think such a color would clash with the tan pants. For those who disagree, I say wear what you want, but I'm just saying I wouldn't do it.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Silverbelly I dont think works for me, but if someone has a silverbelly with some sweater, post it, let me visualize it. I have the caribou in Stetson's Saxon, a medium grey. Khaki is too close to the Akubra Stylemaster in Fawn that I am selling as it is too big and washes me out. Dark Grey, and some sort of medium to dark brown you say? Which is more versatile?

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Lovely hats today, guys!

Eric, that is a wonderful, lovely Homburg! I think, I am in love!

Sam, this Beret looks very good on you! At my Past saturday flea market I saw 5 Berets of different brands, with leather sweatband and different sizes and colors!
A pity! But I am not a Beret, carrier!!

memphislawyer, IMHO, it looks good what you wear with the hat! Black hats, works with everything!

Jeff, fantastic, a wonderful Hat!fantastic, a wonderful Hat! I remember, the hat you bought, on a travel.

Brando11

A-List Customer
Eric, that is a wonderful, lovely Homburg! I think, I am in love!

Wow- Nice one! That and Bowlerman's D Bar J are my faves so far this morning-

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Chicago Reunion

It has been a hectic week of meetings and travel for me and my family. Lydia, Ryan and I drove down to Chicago with my parents, visiting from California, to meet up with my brother, who flew in from Oregon for the same meeting along with his family.

On the corner of S. Wabash and E. Van Buren Sunday morning. Late '20s-early '30s Dobbs Heather. Having been at McCormick Place since 0630 for my meeting, I joined my family later in the morning to head over to The Art Institute Of Chicago, one of our favorite places in town.

Georges Seurat's iconic "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte", one of our favorite paintings, and inspiration for one of our favorite musicals, Stephen Sondheim's "Sunday In The Park With George".

John Singer Sargent's "Portrait Of Mrs. George Swinton(Elizabeth Ebsworth) ", 1897.

The "Windy City" indeed. Trying to keep my hat on, on Michigan Avenue.

A compulsory afternoon doughnut break at the Dunkin' Donuts in the Fine Arts Building on Michigan Avenue.

Evening view of the Wrigley Building.

Inside the Museum Of Science & Industry on a blustery and cold Monday morning. 1920s-1930s A. France/Bodin Marseilles Velour. Part of Robert(rlk)'s epic haul.

At the University Of Chicago in the afternoon for an information session and campus tour. The Oriental Institute, a museum very close to my heart.

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
As always, great pics Al! I loved Chicago, and although my wife doesn't think we'll be back anytime soon, I feel differently. We were there during the hottest week this summer and I feel the need to be there when it's a tad cooler.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Al; (形) 华丽的, 丰富的, 高尚的 pics! Chicago is a happening city in the midwest. Thanks for sharing your visit. The hat is classy looking and I am glad that you had a firm hand on it when you were walking Michigan Ave.

Jeff; That color works well for you. Nice lid.

Case; You and your sweater can wear a huge variety of hats and caps and make them look sharp. You have courage and daring in what you wear and you bring them off well.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Al, Super Duo! I really like the '20s-early '30s Dobbs Heather but especially happy to see the 1920s-1930s A. France/Bodin Marseilles Velour. Also as usual great photo back drops.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Oh, oh.....a fawcett used to fill a water feature started leaking and has now broken. It takes priority over moving the dock.

IMG_3471-M.jpg

The vegetation and lake appear ready for the on-slaught of winter snow. Working some erosion berms into the slope will have to wait for the warmer spring of this coming year. The slope meets a cement path just below the trees. The slope, vegetation and path are all features that I can consider during the coming winter months in prep for spring erosion control. Winter is coming shortly - I hope.

IMG_3478-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

(Using pipe wrenches and hatted in a VS Executive in bluesmoke felt.)

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Chicago Reunion, Continued.

Apologies for the break-up in my post. Was called away for an emergency.

At the Quadrangle, University Of Chicago.

Splendid Neo-Gothic architecture, the defining style of the University Of Chicago.

A final photo at the Oriental Institute before leaving the campus.

Early Tuesday morning sunlight upon the Chicago skyline.

Waiting for the shuttle bus to McCormick Place and my meeting. 1940s Warner & Warner "Beaver Twenty". We enjoyed our first-ever stay at the Embassy Suites Chicago Lakefront. The suite rooms and excellent complimentary breakfasts were a big hit with Ryan and his cousins.

McCormick Place is an impressively large space.

Until New Orleans, 2013...

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Al; I posted before you showcased your last pics. Wow - great pics in McCormick. The 1940s Warner & Warner "Beaver Twenty," and your brillantly striped shirt and blazer make you a standout!

Best wishes, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe