Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNO

One Too Many
medium fine from Brodt's hat shop in D.C... passed on to me from Zetwal.

061412.jpg

Very nice panama, Alan. Nice portrait on the wall behind you as well! Is the artist related?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I, too, will reiterate: EXCELLENT straws, Alan and Mystic. In the abstract I always think that Optimo style looks too much like a safari hat, but it doesn't appear that way at all on your head, alan.

008copyd.jpg

I wore this Atwood taking the kids to the pool today. I have recreased and shaped the brim many times, and stretched it from a 7 LO to a 7 1/8 LO, and I think I lost some valuable Gus crown height in the process that I just can't seem to get back. Oh, well.

Mystic

Practically Family
Thanks for the vote of confidence RBH and Hato.

Javier, you're right I hadn't noticed.

Bowlerman, you've got a Robert Mitchum look going on in that photo. Mitchum always wore hats well in his movies.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...I wore this Atwood taking the kids to the pool today. I have recreased and shaped the brim many times, and stretched it from a 7 LO to a 7 1/8 LO, and I think I lost some valuable Gus crown height in the process that I just can't seem to get back. Oh, well.

Wow Bowlerman, that's the FIRST HAT I've seen you in that didn't look great. It needs that extra crown height that went away. The brim and curl is great though.

Later

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wow Bowlerman, that's the FIRST HAT I've seen you in that didn't look great. It needs that extra crown height that went away. The brim and curl is great though.

Later

Haha! lol thanks, MJS! I wholeheartedly agree. I bet the straw would stretch if I had an apparatus to stretch it over (height-wise). This one won't fit over my block. Time to get creative and use "secret tools?" It might just be worth finding a new one.

Last edited:

coble

A-List Customer
wearing my sunbody that has taken many many many many different shapes. I hand shaped the crown, which has become my favorite crown shape, and the brim is my own design, when i shaped it i went with what i felt, and where my hands wanted to go. The ribbon is off an old lid from my knockabout hats, i just slid it on, so its removeable.
599009_10151032455380350_1903620776_n.jpg

i've been wearing this hat constanstly, so i figured okay i will post it up. I figured since this is the only hat i've really worn lately i shouldn't post it everyday hahaha.

i see excellent lids lately, different shapes and sizes.

Bowlerman killed it with a wide brim, i do agree though the crown height is not your norm but still looks rockin.

Gin and Tonics, nice small lid-i bet its nice in the summer heat.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, that's a fine Hat, the Montecristi, you wear him great.

Mystic, very nice Milan in a great color. Fine pug too!

Robert, that's a very nice Hat, this Resistol. looks good on you!

Jeff, oh man, what a Straw Hat. This is a monster brim and you wear it great.

Gin&Tonic, nice new Trilby straw, fits you good!

Coble, nice work. I like the curled brim!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Coble, Interesting hat. Looks like it is great summer protection.

David, Good looking Optimo montecristi. I really like your shoes.

gtdean, Aren't those Artlites fantastic. What crease are you going with?

Rodkins, And a vary nice Pilgrim for you. I don't believe that you can find a hat with more pleasing proportions. Perfect ribbon width also.

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
Some great looking hats gents. Coble the hat puts me in mind of this one from the Dr. Who Vincent Van Gogh episode, looks great on you by the way.

DOCTOR-WHO-006.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, that Hat looks fantastic, you have a stunning collection of Panama and Milans.

gtdean, sharp ArtLite for Friday.

Is there anyone who knows how to made, vent holes. What I need for this!

Mike, man, that is a killer Hat. The brim size ist fantastic. I really love that hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe