Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I know I'm making a really big deal out of it but it really was nerve-wracking doing that do one of Art's creations.

Sure, I can understand that. Taking a knife to any hat that I cared about would be nerve-wracking to me. I have to believe that this wasn't your first go at such an operation.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Actually it was my second attempt. The first was just minutes before when I trimmed the brim of my Beaver Brand Hat. That one was easier since it had a bound brim.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Actually it was my second attempt. The first was just minutes before when I trimmed the brim of my Beaver Brand Hat. That one was easier since it had a bound brim.

That makes sense. And I'm glad that it worked out. As I said before, I do think it looks good.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I don't always feel snappy....
Crowns always look taller as the lower portion of the crown is revealed and extended with the dropping brim.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I didn't know that you're into hats of this general type. I'm glad you like it! Thanks, bowlerman. It's around 500 per inch.

It's true-- I do prefer my felts to straws, and my Milans to Panamas-- it's just that I'm waiting to find a Panama with a nice tight weave like that!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
It's true-- I do prefer my felts to straws, and my Milans to Panamas-- it's just that I'm waiting to find a Panama with a nice tight weave like that!

They're out there, and I'm sure you will find one. And sometimes they can be really wonderful. Thanks again for the applause.

I'm rooting for you ... :yo:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
To Snap Or Not To Snap

A chance meeting with Robert in the parking lot at Optimo last Saturday:

Robert sported a beautiful vintage Borsalino. I will defer to Robert to elaborate on this great hat.

It was a pleasure to meet you, Robert, and we look forward to visiting with you again on our next trip to Chicago!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Both of you look great. Montecristi and Borsalino (is that the one with the "zigzag" cav edge, Robert?) look terrific!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Early evening dog walk in my recently cleaned/blocked 50's OR:
2012-04-10184430.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Al, I was hoping that you managed a rendezvous with Robert while in that area. Wow! Robert caught in profile AND smiling! Nicely done. Lydia has some serious paparazzi cred now, for sure. Thanks for the smile-inducing post.

Jlee, that OR is a whole lotta hat!

gqmagic

One of the Regulars
A chance meeting with Robert in the parking lot at Optimo last Saturday:

Robert sported a beautiful vintage Borsalino. I will defer to Robert to elaborate on this great hat.

It was a pleasure to meet you, Robert, and we look forward to visiting with you again on our next trip to Chicago!

Great shots! Did you guys recognize each other right away? Anyone else here run into other lounge members out and about?

delectans

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Both of you look great. Montecristi and Borsalino (is that the one with the "zigzag" cav edge, Robert?) look terrific!

Thanks, Ale! That Borsalino is really splendid. Substantial felt, with some very intriguing, obliquely applied basting stitches over the bow.

Early evening dog walk in my recently cleaned/blocked 50's OR

Great looking O.R., Jared.

Al, I was hoping that you managed a rendezvous with Robert while in that area. Wow! Robert caught in profile AND smiling! Nicely done. Lydia has some serious paparazzi cred now, for sure. Thanks for the smile-inducing post.

Glad you enjoyed the photos, Randall, and thanks for the kind words. I will pass along your compliments to Lydia!

Great shots! Did you guys recognize each other right away? Anyone else here run into other lounge members out and about?

Thank you! Funny you should mention it, but yes indeed, Lydia thought it most amusing that Robert and I recognized each other immediately, despite never having previously met! lol

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
zetwal, that is a great looking Panama.

Jeff, looks good. Classic and Modern. The Stetson is a Hat for every day.

Robert, looks good. I think the right photo is the better Version.

Al, wonderful photos and great Hats, both. It looks you have fun at the photo shooting.

Jared, great looking OR. Cool with brim up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe