Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
We're supposed to get much rain today, so I'm wearing my old, brown Camp Draft. Its my foul weather, hiking, hunting, fly fishing, oyster roasting and whatevering hat. After several years of being bathed in rain, snow, sun and sweat, none of its original stiffener remains. Its kinda floppy and is as soft as a baby's butt. Oh, and has ribbon is pigtailed, which gives it even more character, I think.

0216120939-1.jpg

AF

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh, that place looks awesome. I love old neon! Oh, and nice hat, nice lady-friends! :)

+1! What wonderful shots. You all fit right in there--looks like a great time!

+3
Great photos Josh and super location.

+another... irresistolable!

Great shots, Josh!

Josh: Wonderful photos that leave one yearning for more. With such lovely companions it is no wonder you are all smiles!

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYBODY!! I had a wonderful time that night. The inside of the Green Mill is packed with little booths with velvet covered seats, candle lit tables, strong drinks, white tablecloths, people dancing, and great Jazz. I know I couldn't ask for more. Many times guys will come in all dressed in suits, ties, wingtip shoes, and even.......hats! That night, about half an hour after I walked in, someone walked in with a 40's double breasted suit and a vintage 40's/50's fedora. I thought it might have been a lounge member, but I didn't recognize him. Whats most impressive is that, not only does a 16 piece big band play, but they broadcast the show live on air and they have an announcer come in dressed in a full tuxedo. During the show, the male and female singer do "fake" commercials just like they would have done in the early 40's. The female singer often comes in dressed in a full dress, with white gloves, red lipstick, and her hair done up in 1940's fashion. It really is quite the experience.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan, very exquisite Mallory. Wonderful soft and with a lovely ribbon. Your mom Alan, she's beautiful indeed and very photogenic.

Al, very elegant, exellent Dobbs. Suit and Hat, that shows a Gentleman.

Atticus, super nice Camp Draft today! The color looks great.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My little one turns 17 tomorrow. We have a date after school to visit the Dept. of Motor Vehicles. I took some photos the other day for her summer dance program applications. I am wearing an old Borsalino thin ribbon - but who cares. :)

lilydancewinter2012.jpg

That's an incredibly beautiful picture of her, Alan! You must be so proud! 17 is a big age, and I'm sure she's even more excited to be driving. I'm sure when I started driving, my father was a nervous wreck. LOL.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
...Sometimes I look at my daily photo and see my mom. Maybe a little more sleep will help, but I don't think so.

Mom2003.jpg

I do see A LOT of you in her. I also see a lot of you in your daughters as well. I personally look exactly like my mother. I always tell people who have never seen my mother, to picture me without stubble, longer hair, and lipstick...and Voilà....there's mom.

Here's a picture of me when I was about 2 years old with my mother.

67507_542344216459_77800474_31609823_6432214_n.jpg

Nice Robert... I expect that was a challenging color to capture.

When I looked at the great brochure you posted yesterday I felt for the American buyers and the fun they missed when ordering their Borsalino in light gray, medium gray and dark gray. We are having much more fun the second time around.

Manfred, Thanks!

Alan, very exquisite Mallory. Wonderful soft and with a lovely ribbon. Your mom Alan, she's beautiful indeed and very photogenic.

Al, very elegant, exellent Dobbs. Suit and Hat, that shows a Gentleman.

Atticus, super nice Camp Draft today! The color looks great.

+1

Robert, I really like how you matched the suspender color with Borsalino Export Qualität Arcolio. Super!

Stetson Fifteen

This arrived to me unworn - a large 7 1/8. I recently pinched it deeply on the sides, which helped me be able to wear it. Came with sales receipt from 1956. Maple leaf on sweat and liner - 3X beaver quality.

021612_1.jpg

021612_2.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: You are very fortunate to have your Mother's features. She was a striking woman. As for the man with the top hat, he is one of the coterie of doormen at the Ordway who help open the massive and heavy wood and glass doors for patrons prior to and after every concert.

Manfred: Thank you, and have a great evening! :yo:

Josh: Many thanks, my friend. I agree, this Dobbs has that Playboy quality to it in hand as well. Just amazing felt. Splendid photo of you and your Mom. Reminds me of Lady Diana and a young Prince Harry! :D

Robert: Super Borsalino.

Steve: Thanks!

Alan(again): Very nice Fifteen. I like the long and deep crease you have added.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82