Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Its cold today in Chicago, so I'm wearing one of my overcoats and my resistol.

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I wore this. No mug picture as my phone is dead and I misplaced my camera's memory card. Archive shots ;)

E.jpg

Best part of this one:
IMG_2222.jpg

Last edited:

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow, somehow I missed that conversion. Very well done and in only a couple hours! Perhaps I can commission Josh to convert that homburg I just bought into a fedora.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh - the Resistol and the overcoat go well together.

Beautiful crown on that Resistol, Josh!

Fine hats today gents!
But I believe Josh takes the cake with his Resistol.

Agreed. Well done, Josh! Is that a converted Resistol?

Nice Resistol Josh. A rare color these days.

Really like that Resistol, Josh! Very nice.

Cheers,
JtL

Wow, somehow I missed that conversion. Very well done and in only a couple hours! Perhaps I can commission Josh to convert that homburg I just bought into a fedora.

Awesome work, Josh!

WOW!! Thank you very much everyone for your extremely kind words!!! For the longest time I wanted to re-create a really tall crowned 20's/30's style fedora using a "modern" hat, and the 1970's Resistol Stagecoach was the perfect candidate. The 6 1/4 inch open flat topped crown allowed me to put a deep center dent while still keeping with a 5 5/8 inch creased crown height at the sides. Obviously the front and back are a bit shorter, but the sides are what gives the hat that straight, no taper look. Its my favorite post-1950's hat, and I can't wait to find another Stagecoach in sand color to make another one for myself. I named the blueish-green one the "Thompson Sub," and I think I will name the next one the "Hyde Park." Thanks again everyone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe