Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Josh - the suit and hat go really well together. Great look for the wedding and I like the sepia photos as well.

Rich - looks as though this was a great family trip. I always jump at the chance to visit DC, so much to see and enjoy.

RBH

Bartender
IMAG0013.jpg
Fantastic as always Josh!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman - that's a cool hat. I don't recall seeing a 7XCB like that one before.

O'Guy - great photo! You guys make a handsome couple and the VS is rather nice as well.

Eastern Long Island

Some photos from my recent trip downstate. First stop was a visit with my Dad. He lives on eastern Long Island a short walk from Great Peconic Bay.

beach1.jpg

beach2.jpg

beach3.jpg

me&dadcolor.jpg

stairs.jpg

intrigue2.jpg

My Dad's dog Buck. How such a beauty wound up a rescue dog, I don't know.

buck.jpg

buck2.jpg

dad.jpg

Central New York

On the way back I stopped to give a talk at Kopernik Observatory in Vestal, NY. The leaves are changing.

vestal.jpg

This area was hard hit by flooding in early September. 5000 families are still unable to move back home. We often visit Owego on our drives... I heard the town was in very rough shape. These pictures of the beautiful Susquehanna River were taken a year ago.

susquehanna_east.jpg

susquehanna_west.jpg

The water rose to a level just below the bridge roadway.
The water has now receded back to near normal levels, but the river remains swollen with mud and debris.

susquehanna2.jpg

The historic homes along Front Street have had help cleaning up...

flooddamage4.jpg

flooddamage3.jpg

The modest homes have not fared as well.

flooddamage5.jpg

flooddamage1.jpg

Along Lake Street, every business is closed.

lakest1.jpg

lakest2.jpg

Last edited:
jjnewberry.jpg

streetscene2.jpg

streetscene1.jpg

It was sad and surreal to see a community suffering from too much water only two weeks after visiting an area suffering from drought.

On the ride home, I pointed the camera out the car window... a couple of shots came out.

roadside2.jpg

roadside1.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
GREAT hats and greater photos the past few days everyone!
Rodkins: Parker did exemplary work on that rust fedora.
Al: ALL of them look fantastic. You have a nose for lost [hat] souls flea markets!
Alan: beauties, but that 7XCB homburg is breathtaking.
D-man: very cool CB, love the photo!

Went with the Clearwater black derby over the weekend-- flowed nicely with a tux and Beethoven's Fifth for the season's "opening night." But today in the dry Fall heat it was back to Falcon Park:
007copy.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
What an amazing montage! I wish I'd had your photography skills when stranded in downtown Nashville for those floods a few years ago. Incidentally, I took this photo this morning-- (not the most flattering shot) Tasha (also a rescue) could be Buck's little sister!
001copyd.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Jeff: That Falcon Park looks smashing in the South Dakota sunshine! Thanks for your kind words, and best wishes on your new season!

Mike: Classic.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Some photos from my recent trip downstate. First stop was a visit with my Dad. He lives on eastern Long Island a short walk from Great Peconic Bay.
intrigue2.jpg

Alan,
Is that a reproduction (actually painted) of Leonardo's cartoon painting of Saint Gerome? (the other one looks in the style of Caravaggio's Bacchus...)

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Alan,
Is that a reproduction (actually painted) of Leonardo's cartoon painting of Saint Gerome? (the other one looks in the style of Caravaggio's Bacchus...)

Right on, but these are homage portraits... a series that my dad has been painting in recent years. You might enjoy these self portraits that mix his likeness over the years with painters both classical and 20th C. My Dad has painted actively from the 1940's (he attended Cooper Union at night before the war) through recent years, with a couple of hiatuses.

3paintings.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe