Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
009fp.jpg
You may not have the model Cuz, but you still have the STYLE!!!!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wonderfull World of Disney!

Wearing my Disney Windsor this evening. I am back from walking the dogs thru the woods and around the lake. The dogs enjoyed swimming after the geese. I hope they did not envision catching them as the geese are speedboats to the dog’s tugboats.

Photo-on-2011-09-04-at-1813-M.jpg

The Disney Windsor is a deep dark brown chocolate color. You know how you open the foil wrapper of a fresh piece of bitter, dark chocolate and it shows a shiny, but deep look at first exposure to air- that is the same color as this Disney. The hat has a wind cord, which proved useful this evening in the gusty 60' temps. The hat would have gotten wet/dirty when it blew off when I was chasing the dogs, chasing a noisy owl. All turned out well - owl/dogs/hat.

The hat is nearly the same as a Dobbs that I own. Later I will post up some comparative pics. The felt of the Disney is more clay like than the Dobbs, but not by much. The leather headband is superb. Excellent quality leather. It is smooth chromed leather, rich brown in color. The liner is pristine clean, no marks in gold and has the "plastic-like" protector.

The hat is well proportioned in the stingy mode. The hat shows a high enough crown to make the hat appear balanced. The ribbon work is broad and the bow is really well made. I have to work steaming/ironing the ribbon as I have the top right corner of the 2 bow's corner folded over.

Off to start a fire in the fire pit in prep and brush off the bench/couch cushions for guests this evening. I will top my dome with the Disney thru the evening.

Best wishes, Eric -

BTW: Pic taken in my dressing room. Background shows Grandfather's hat pic, Playboy and Open Road ads framed.

Last edited:

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Playing around with a montechristi i bought this july I wanted to give it the look of a borsalino panama, Ive discovered that steaming a better bash in the sides helps to hold the hat where it should sit on my head ,now it feels very comfortable with deeper indentations and flared like on the borso panamas.
IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg
Still looking for a good source for Puggaree bands if anyone has any info please let me know,thanks.
IMG_2170.jpg

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
Well done one and all. This has been a banner fedora weekend thus far. Nice grab mattface.

Thanks I'm really pleased. I've had my eye out for a nice vintage fedora for years now. My Stetson Pisa rebashed as a teardrop gets the job done OK, but this hat is more or less exactly what I've been looking for. Still want a brown hat, (ok and maybe a green one and a black one too) but this one will definitely see me through nicely in the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe