Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
More Capricorn photos, scouting for deer on the island of Lanai here in Hawaii.

398194231.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: Great looking sombrero! Is the felt fairly substantial and firm? Thank you for your kind comments earlier. Regarding that Silverbelly lid...;)

Ale: Thanks, my friend! Sent you a PM. ;)

Perry: Many thanks for your very kind words!

Jeff: Appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you found the photos helpful.

Muchas gracias mis amigos!!

AL, the sombrero is lightweight but bowler firm, especially in the crown. I might have to make it a wee bit bigger. Much like a corduroy pillow... it's making headlines.

Lily's Dance

Here are a few snapshots surrounding our daughter Lily's dance adventures from summer 2011. Sophie took most of these.

These first couple are from a series Sophie, Donna and Lily worked on during our vacation in NH.

nysssa2.jpg

nysssa4.jpg

Lily has been at the Modern Dance program of the NYS Summer School for the Arts at Skidmore College. We collected her in Saratoga Springs this past weekend. I think this is the one shot I took with Sophie's camera:

nysssa8.jpg

caught naked!

nysssa6.jpg

waiting for the performance with Donna and Sophie.

nysssa1.jpg

From Open the Door by Robert Battle. Robert is one of many amazing choreographers that the NYSSSA students study with in the modern program. He will succeed Judith Jamison as artistic director of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.

nysssa3.jpg

Lily and Mom unwinding afterwards over a little gelato. Lily was awarded the 5th annual Mae G. Banner award for dance scholarship this summer.

nysssa5.jpg

nysssa7.jpg

Late night walk enjoying the racetrack honky tonk of Saratoga Springs.

nysssa10.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan, Chasseur: Wonderful photos, gentlemen! We were apparently all busy uploading photos to the thread tonight, and I apologize for posting such an enormous stream of pictures at the same time! :yo:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al-- how do you keep from going into cardiac arrest in that wonderful place? Thanks again for sharing your amazing photos!

lol It is well nigh impossible to process all of the visual, tactile, and olfactory stimulation, in addition to the avalanche of hat related information and knowledge that one absorbs by osmosis when there with Graham and his incredible staff. Sensory overload would be an understatement! Thanks for your kind comment, Jeff, I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust