Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
A bit late to add to the chorus, but a fine photo essay and looks like you made an outstanding selection that suits you well. I couldn't agree more regarding hands and eyes on experience for fine Montecristis. I picked up my own early the same afternoon and must have left a bit before you arrived. Enjoy your new treasure!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Genuine Panama Optimo

5790091823_2615ff90df_z.jpg
5790652038_27332bb077_z.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Influenced and hatted with my Flagship.

Good day folks. I am out and about with my Stetson Royal Flagship.

Photo%20on%202011-06-02%20at%2011.38%202.jpg

The dimensions of the hat I am truly enjoying. The pic above shows that the height of the hat (w/current bash) fills the classic hat height requirments. I feel comfortable wearing the dimensions of Flagship. The hat is mint (no marks/blemishes/insect attacks/liner stains only aged patina) and takes a bash dry. I will have to work up an idea of a bash to steam in. I am still working up the idea of the "perfect" hat and bash in my mind and experimenting. Who knows what this hat will end up with or I will end up wearing?

Photo%20on%202011-06-02%20at%2011.39%203.jpg

I visited the thread with all of the other Stetson Flagships and see similar liner cosmetics as mine in the above pic. The leather headband is the part of the hat that does not live up. Do not get me wrong, the band is truly mint, but the leather quality, IMO, is below the quality of the felt and design. My comments are reflections of me being a hat wearer and not a collecter. The brim edge is folder over and stiched. Very cool edge and better yet it adds some stiffness to prevent brim droop.

Photo%20on%202011-06-02%20at%2011.40.jpg

The felt of this oldster hat is magnificant. The Flagship, as it is in this hat, should be in Stetson's current line as it rocks. The felt while supple is firm enough to hold in the wind, provide protection and yet have a luxurious felt to the eye. The eye appeal is high. For those, like me, who do not have a lot of experience with the older Stetsons, I offer my opinion that this hat has a medium felt, supple and of quality (my Playboys - light felt, supple & my Whippets - medium/heavy firm felt not supple without work.)

All I need now is to order an original magazine advertisement of the Flagship to frame and hang behind the hat's shelf space.

Thanks for taking a look and allowing me to share my Flagship.

Hatted and using the wind trolley today, Eric -

Last edited:
A perfect day for a lightweight felt... in fact, a perfect day for just about anything.
I chose a Schoble Mainliner that came my way from a FL friend.

The green walls in my dining room help bring out the lilac undertones in the warm gray felt.

060211.jpg

schoble3.jpg

Hope it's sunny in your neck of the woods, too.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
All winners so far. Looking great, Rlk, Eric, Michael and Alan. Great hat, Zet, but the proportions are all wrong for your arm. ;)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
That's a nice one, Zetwal. Man, every time you post you show us something so unique and beautiful.

I wore my wife's grandpa late 70s semi-calado montecristi. Got tons of compliments but I still feel strange while wearing it. To sell or not to sell is the dilemma... I think I much rather wear a regular straw than this. I don't know what to do! [huh]
56.jpg

Keep this!

scooter

Practically Family
I would LOVE to have a beautiful hat like that, Aureliano. I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to wear it proudly. It is gorgeous.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al you should have bought all of them its only money.;)

lol Don't think for a minute that the thought didn't cross my mind! lol

Congrats on the nice Panama, Al. I felt my pulse quicken just looking at the photos.
Thanks for the "tour".

Perry

Thanks, Perry, for your always kind comments!

Delectans; Oh, la, la it is gorgeous. Your choice of a heirloom panama was well captured in the photos and text. You documented the retail experience and the support of your family in the event well. Thanks for sharing the experience.

The pics show your new hat, but they also show a proud owner. Congrats. Warm weather is only days away in MPLS/St.Paul, USA and you should be styling in your new heirloom.

Best wishes, Eric -

Thank you very much for your kind words, Eric, I really appreciate them!

A bit late to add to the chorus, but a fine photo essay and looks like you made an outstanding selection that suits you well. I couldn't agree more regarding hands and eyes on experience for fine Montecristis. I picked up my own early the same afternoon and must have left a bit before you arrived. Enjoy your new treasure!

Many thanks for your kind comments, Robert! We learned shortly after our arrival that you had just been at the shop! It would have been great to meet you and to see your fantastic new Montecristi as well. Next time, perhaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82