Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice scenery on that hike!

and nice OR, Good.
pw010-5.jpg

Saturday, gray Adam while running errands.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Whippet

Saturday, gray Adam while running errands.

Beautiful Adam, hatophile. You lost your beard!

Wore my Whippet yesterday. Sunny, but temps in the 20's.

At the annual Pork Roast & Sauerkraut Dinner of the Germanic American Institute in St. Paul.

In the Rathskeller.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, hato and Alan, you are most kind. Looking forward to another great week of hats from everyone! :yo:

Oh, and hato, your dog wouldn't happen to be a Bearded Collie per chance, would it? lol

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
today-- wearing an antique shop find from a few years ago. a small, brown, derby-ish thing with a completely disintegrated sweatband. There's something about this little guy that I really like though, and would consider getting it refurbished professionally in the not so distant future. I'm also pretty sure it's wool.
this isn't today, but here's the lid:
antiqueshopb.jpg
[/IMG]

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
today-- wearing an antique shop find from a few years ago. a small, brown, derby-ish thing with a completely disintegrated sweatband. There's something about this little guy that I really like though, and would consider getting it refurbished professionally in the not so distant future. I'm also pretty sure it's wool.
this isn't today, but here's the lid:
antiqueshopb.jpg
[/IMG]

That hat has an alpine look, and reminds me of photos or drawings or Sarah Bernhardt in the original "fedora" from the 1880s. Ground zero of fedora hats.

scooter

Practically Family
Here I am in my 50's Open Road outside the Red Agave resort in Oak Creek, Az. This view is literally from the front door of our room. Did some mountain biking thru this area the day prior with a few friends. This place is literally breathtaking. If you've never been to Sedona, you should take the time to visit.
068.JPG

072.JPG

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That hat has an alpine look, and reminds me of photos or drawings or Sarah Bernhardt in the original "fedora" from the 1880s. Ground zero of fedora hats.
I'll definitely have to look that up!
Neo-- It's slightly beehived, too, but I think that's because it has shrunk a bit over time. The side view taper is rather pronounced, while the head on taper is pretty subtle.
--and thanks Al! There's something kind of special about it for me. Can't exactly put my finger on it.

Here I am in my 50's Open Road outside the Red Agave resort in Oak Creek, Az. This view is literally from the front door of our room. Did some mountain biking thru this area the day prior with a few friends. This place is literally breathtaking. If you've never been to Sedona, you should take the time to visit.

The hat looks great on you Scooter, as does the red rock background. I had the chance to drive up that way a couple of years ago... amazing scenery.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab

All you would have to do make it look like those turn of the century fedora/alpine/homburgs (used interchangeably in advertisements and such) would be to put a center dent in it.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Enter the Big Bad Voodoo Hat

I've been trying to make this not-vintage wide brim hat into something I'll wear more. The thin red ribbon look didn't do the trick, so I put on a wide yellow ribbon and sewed on a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy keychain pendant. Hence, the Big Bad Voodoo Hat!

re-Ribbon2_img1.JPG

It's totally gaudier than any other hat I own, but I like it. It suits the style of the namesake band (my favorite!) and goes great with a yellow/gold tie.

It was interesting working on this... I did most of the work at a table in a public library, drawing all sorts of stares, and I had to wear it before I got the "pin" fully sewn on, simply tucking the needle behind the band and hoping not to stab myself.:scared:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been trying to make this not-vintage wide brim hat into something I'll wear more. The thin red ribbon look didn't do the trick, so I put on a wide yellow ribbon and sewed on a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy keychain pendant. Hence, the Big Bad Voodoo Hat!

re-Ribbon2_img1.JPG

It's totally gaudier than any other hat I own, but I like it. It suits the style of the namesake band (my favorite!) and goes great with a yellow/gold tie.

It was interesting working on this... I did most of the work at a table in a public library, drawing all sorts of stares, and I had to wear it before I got the "pin" fully sewn on, simply tucking the needle behind the band and hoping not to stab myself.:scared:

Another bodacious hat here this week. You've got the stones to wear that one. Go daddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe