Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
[...] in order to avoid the accumulation of two hats, I went bareheaded to the office and re-used the one there, trusting that the brown hat with grey suit combo could work - not as harmonized, and would have worked better had I thought of using some reddish-hued, or other appropriately selected, complement, to bring it all together, but I do not think it turned out badly after all for a "patch"... :p

I have always liked the look of a dark brown hat with a light grey suit. ;)

My new Stetson Sovereign today.
Ernest

Picture090-1.jpg

Earnest, I really like that Stetson on you!
Torpedo, I just saw above those previous posts I missed, both of those ensembles are excellent. You have great style.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Great hat. Is that model new or a vintage? I'll have to look out for one.

Dan, it is a vintage model. The model name is on the sweatband, as is the seller name, Australian, BTW: London Stores Ltd - MELBOURNE & PRAHRAN. I do not think it is an export or locally licensed name, because San Juan is a name one would rather associate with the US, or at least it sounds like that to me (because of the battle of San Juan hill, in the Cuban War, where Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders were famously present).
Indeed, it is a well proportioned hat. Felt is on the light-to-medium weight side.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
With an adjustment to the brim, inspired by a recent photo from another Lounger, the Akubra Campdraft (tawny fawn) re-enters circulation. I haven't worn this hat in a while:

CampdraftWesternCurl1.jpg

I think you are becoming more of a "western" style hat guy Neo. :) That curled up brim is definately going "western" :) And it DOES look GOOD on you for sure ! I recall seeing a lot of ORs back in the 60's worn with curled "western" style of brim down here. Must be the water down here in the South :)

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you are becoming more of a "western" style hat guy Neo. :) That curled up brim is definately going "western" :) And it DOES look GOOD on you for sure ! I recall seeing a lot of ORs back in the 60's worn with curled "western" style of brim down here. Must be the water down here in the South :)

It's wierd, isn't it? I came for the fedoras, and I stayed for the westerns lol! I suppose I can attribute this to my personality. I am more wild and eccentric than I am well-groomed and suave. [huh] It seems that, in some way or another, my taste in hats reflects this.

Last edited:

Gumbo Book

Familiar Face
No Problem.

I'm still new though. lol.

Great crown height and nice brim, not the full three inches on some. I have a Bates Antelope in black that has the same dimensions. Very easy to shape, ( I think they're really old stock at least a few decades old - now on sale in the shop ) I am a man of all hat shapes, as various occasions demand the right hat for the right moment. But my most favourite is this particular style. ( got to get my pix up soon )
So much so that I brought an old hat block from Belgium a few months ago - straight sided with a really sharp shallow dome at the top. Dated 1952. I am currently engaged in experimenting in blocking some rabbit bodies for some freinds in this same style. And most have never ever heard of the F-Lounge! That's the sort of style they imediately wanted! Not a word of a certain Archeologist spoken. Not offence meant to the Indy fans at all.

Gumbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe