Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
Be honest Lefty, you traded hats there didn't you? lol

Great looking lids and outfits you two have there. The shirt I think I recognize, Converse correct? What are the trousers?

Hey! I'd never do such a thing. I might take his buckeye eyes, but I can't take a man's hat. :p

The shirt is a Gap chambray. The pants have a longer history. I got them at a garage sale around 3 years ago, but they're just a bit big and had worthless beltloops - only in the front and sides. This past week, I finally got myself some nice but casual Filson suspenders and easily applied Carhartt suspender buttons. These will now be in the regular rotation.

I've only found this brand on Japanese sites, even though it's made in Italy.

DSC_0028-2.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
DRB said:
Zetwal: I see that some of the raindrops have beaded up. Is the hat water repellent treated or is that a testament to the fine resilience of the natural fur felt?

I don't know if Stetson (as a rule) added any water repellent agents during the 40s or not. I sort of doubt it. It seems they would have noted it somewhere on the hat. Maybe vitafelt and other such terms do sometimes refer to some sort of chemical treatment. I really don't know. Maybe someone else can tell us. I certainly have never done anything to it. By the way, all my hats are vintage, and I don't have a problem wearing any of them (untreated) out into the rain. The only exception is Montecristi hats. Those I don't wear in the rain if I can help it. ;)

One Too Many
Nice hat ¡¡¡¡

RobFedoraField said:
well, it's my 2nd newest hat, but the newest needs a thorough cleaning before I can break it out.

Fletchet02.jpg

much more modern in style, but I like it, but for some reason I reminded myself of the old guy from "Up"
The color is a special to me, great gray and the ribbon goes on good.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DRB

One Too Many
Went for a bike ride along Lake Champlain in Burlington, VT. I came across a stonehenge looking display. It can be used as a clock, as a calendar, and as a compass. Here is my friend showing that it is 3:45pm by the shadow he threw.
201009190002.jpg

Here is my Panizza Ediston, grey. About 40-50 years old and I am the first owner. Truely a remarkable hat.
201009190005.jpg

Here the professor explains how he assisted in assembling the stonehenge clock.
201009190008.jpg

201009190012.jpg

Here I am up high in a wheelchair accessible treehouse.
201009190037.jpg

Lakeside of Lake Champlain. They have a wonderful bikepath that skirts the lake for more than 30 miles. Beautiful.
201009190040.jpg

Some old guy agreed to pose with me.
201009190042.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Hey! I'd never do such a thing. I might take his buckeye eyes, but I can't take a man's hat. :p

The shirt is a Gap chambray. The pants have a longer history. I got them at a garage sale around 3 years ago, but they're just a bit big and had worthless beltloops - only in the front and sides. This past week, I finally got myself some nice but casual Filson suspenders and easily applied Carhartt suspender buttons. These will now be in the regular rotation.

I've only found this brand on Japanese sites, even though it's made in Italy.

DSC_0028-2.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Great info! Thanks Lefty!:)

Cheers!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust