Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
This is the hat that I though of when I saw yours. The nap isn't really longer than many other hats, but the finish does feel different to me. I'm sure these must have been discussed somewhere. I'm just not sure where. It does not say velour (or even pesca for that matter) anywhere on the hat. Does this look like a velour to you? Or is this something else? Might it be Borsalino's version of the suede finish?

a439baf0.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
zetwal said:
This is the hat that I though of when I saw yours. The nap isn't really longer than many other hats, but the finish does feel different to me. I'm sure these must have been discussed somewhere. I'm just not sure where. It does not say velour (or even pesca for that matter) anywhere on the hat. Does this look like a velour to you? Or is this something else? Might it be Borsalino's version of the suede finish?

a439baf0.jpg

Wow -- just beautiful, zetwal! :eusa_clap Your descriptions of the felt are how I would describe that Stetson suede finish.

You should try posting that lid in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread and see if some Borso experts may be able help out.

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Newly-arrived circa-1950 Stetson 3X/Suede Finish...

[IMGhttp://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/mojohaiku/Stet-Suede.jpg[/IMG]

Very nice. :eusa_clap
Is that a darker blue than the Shore Club?

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Very nice. :eusa_clap
Is that a darker blue than the Shore Club?

Thanks, Lefty. :) The Shore Club definitely ventures into "blue" territory. This 3X, however, is a really rich gray color that stops just short of "blue."

Cheers,
JtL

jwalls

Vendor
bartender, please feel free to move this to "New Hats" thread.
I'm shipping this black hat out today. beaver blend 2 3/4" brim 5 3/4" crown bound edge 1" ribbon
100_0500.JPG

coble

A-List Customer
to mario

this photo of you on the couch with your guitar and then another lid behind you is just classic. Really like how it almost has a grainy look to it, definately timeless. Just out of curiousity coming from a guitar player, what brand of guitar is that?, its beautiful.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
coble said:
this photo of you on the couch with your guitar and then another lid behind you is just classic. Really like how it almost has a grainy look to it, definately timeless. Just out of curiousity coming from a guitar player, what brand of guitar is that?, its beautiful.

It's a custom made guitar from German luthier Heiner Dreizehnter. He made it for me ten year ago and it's been my workhorse ever since. :)

I actually added some grain to the photo and also tried to give it a bit of that vintage Kodachrome look, but that's a whole science...

Spats McGee

One Too Many
There's a whole string of great hats here!

Mario, that's a great picture. You and Michaelshane really have put some fantastic pictures up here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82