Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Trimble.....

Going with the "Trimble" today.....

Trimble11.jpg

Trimble12.jpg

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Here in Fort Collins, CO it was about 70 degrees Monday afternoon, 54 at midnight, the temp steadily dropped into the 40's by mid-day Tuesday. We had about 4" of snow that night and a low in the teens. Wednesday AM we woke up to 20 degrees and 4" of snow. Not bad - 70 to snow and 20 in less than 36 hours. Welcome to Colorado!

As a result, I broke out the corduroys and leather coat, and put on my used-brand-new-to-me Stetson, feeling that a Western theme and cords would be just fine for the day before Thanksgiving. I just won this hat on OFAS - it's a brown leather sweatband, cattleman crown, but stiffer and heavier felt than an Open Road. The brim is 2 7/8" and the crown height at the peak is 4.5". The brim is raw edge. It was sold originally in Corpus Christi, TX.

Someone theorized that it might be a model called the "Rancher". Any comments about that? Here's a link to the Ebay auction.

Here's a lousy photo taken with my cell phone showing the hat on the side table in my office:

StetsonRancher.jpg

I snapped the brim down because it looks REALLY dorky with the brim up...but it needs a bit of steam to hold the snap correctly. I think it's a good quality hat and will be a keeper in the Western mode. It will be a little change of pace from my Open Roads with cattleman crown.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fatwoul said:
I didn't actually wear a hat today, recently I have been almost exclusively wearing Fieldmaster #23, which I know some of you are itching to see:

CtFm.jpg

I've been promising a proper review of this hat ever since I got it, and I will do my best to do that this week, together with some more photos.

Well its ABOUT time!!!!!!!!!!!! Like that tight pinch I thought you weren't going to do!:D What did you go with on the top?
Looks great !!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
bolthead, How do I find a friend with a big head and a too small Borsalino?

Jerekson, I don't know what it is, but my granddaddy had one like it when I was your age. Looks good!

Indycop, Nice Crystal Skull!

Pilgrim, Not a bad hat, and not a bad picture, either!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Today am wearing a nice warm stocking cap ("beanies" they call them now, though not related to what we called beanies when I was a child).

It is snowing in central Iowa, a nice, wet snow, so far. Beanie weather.

karol

feltfan

Technonut said:
Wearing my Mallory Cravenette today... :)

mallorywwt007.jpg

Looks to be a Mallory Fifteen. Pretty much all of
those old Mallorys are "Cravenette" process to shed rain.

I've never found a Mallory Fifteen in my size (though
I was wearing my Mallory Ten this morning). That was
an expensive hat in its day! Twice the price of a regular hat.

Technonut

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments everyone... :)

feltfan said:
Looks to be a Mallory Fifteen. Pretty much all of
those old Mallorys are "Cravenette" process to shed rain.

I've never found a Mallory Fifteen in my size (though
I was wearing my Mallory Ten this morning). That was
an expensive hat in its day! Twice the price of a regular hat.

Thanks for the info feltfan.... :) It is good to know I found a real winner for $40.00... :D I thought I was going to come out of the antique show where I purchased the hat last month empty-hatted... Then right before closing, there was the Mallory... :) It does have a quality feel to it for sure...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
K.D. Lightner said:
Today am wearing a nice warm stocking cap ("beanies" they call them now, though not related to what we called beanies when I was a child).

It is snowing in central Iowa, a nice, wet snow, so far. Beanie weather.

karol
I wish I was in the snow!:( With my now gone Adventurebilt.:cry:

feltfan

Technonut said:
Thanks for the info feltfan.... :) It is good to know I found a real winner for $40.00... :D I thought I was going to come out of the antique show where I purchased the hat last month empty-hatted... Then right before closing, there was the Mallory... :) It does have a quality feel to it for sure...

Ha, I'd have been delighted to pay three times that if it
had been in my size. A top quality hat from a great hat
maker. Congrats.

deelovely

Practically Family
fatwoul said:
I didn't actually wear a hat today, recently I have been almost exclusively wearing Fieldmaster #23, which I know some of you are itching to see:
CtFm.jpg

I've been promising a proper review of this hat ever since I got it, and I will do my best to do that this week, together with some more photos.
Robin... I think that hat looks great on you!! :) I would say it was definitely worth the waiting you had to do before you got it! :D

DOUGLAS

Royal Stetson

I was lucky enough to secure four really nice hats from the same owner all Royals and all in good to great shape.
A Sage Playboy in perfect condition
A Gray Custom V in good shape
A Slate Blue Flagship in good condition and this one
DSCN6721.jpg

DSCN6724.jpg

DSCN6723.jpg

DSCN6722.jpg

DSCN6720.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads