Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

can't wait for this 1910s Green machine
d13ca2732a1bad84ba0ffd897bbccdd7.jpg
82248b4143d9b3885cbf18b8a82d92e2.jpg
9a32381e064f82780eb71ac960b908bc.jpg
Another spectacular find, Justin.

That's a new one on me.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Martinelli thin ribbon
e22ebad45077d951f986083f6701f6a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intra is the larger town before Ghiffa (Panizza) on Lake Maggiore. The oldest + largest factory in Intra was Albertini (older than Panizza). I am not aware of Martinelli and if they were a factory. What does it say above Intra on the liner? Daniele might have some information. Here is a photo of the hat factories in Intra as of 1895.

Click on Photo to expand.

33419259501_f628a0721a_k.jpg

Museo dell’Arte del Cappello di Ghiffa

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionz...ll’arte-del-cappello-di-ghiffa-march-14-2017/

This one........
I have really been wanting one of these...
M
View attachment 112330
WELL.................the hat arrived.....and as with so much Ebay stuff.....it WAS NOT MY SIZE:(:mad::(:mad:.....do not know how they managed to be so far off in their measurement but it was not one, but 2 (TWO) sizes too small. BUT, it is an awesome hat in a kind of heathered really dark, dark brown (I suppose Dobbs had their Gamebird name for the color) and it looks and feels great. About a 5 1/4 open crown and a 2 3/8 under-welt brim. It has the blocking tag and is clearly a 7 1/4 and measures as such. Liner is sewn in and has the great embroidered silk game-bird logo. I am going to press up the liner and steam and brush the hat up......AND when I am done admiring it as well as crying that it does not fit me:rolleyes:.....I suppose I will list it here....;)
So much for my bucket list find.........:(:rolleyes:;)
Best,
M

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
WELL.................the hat arrived.....and as with so much Ebay stuff.....it WAS NOT MY SIZE:(:mad::(:mad:.....do not know how they managed to be so far off in their measurement but it was not one, but 2 (TWO) sizes too small. BUT, it is an awesome hat in a kind of heathered really dark, dark brown (I suppose Dobbs had their Gamebird name for the color) and it looks and feels great. About a 5 1/4 open crown and a 2 3/8 under-welt brim. It has the blocking tag and is clearly a 7 1/4 and measures as such. Liner is sewn in and has the great embroidered silk game-bird logo. I am going to press up the liner and steam and brush the hat up......AND when I am done admiring it as well as crying that it does not fit me:rolleyes:.....I suppose I will list it here....;)
Best,
M
sorry to hear my man, but when one fails, there is another that is even better right around the corner

Best,
M

The bad news is it is too small for you. The good news is it will fit me. [emoji14]

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
The Navy 3x beaver Resistol was to be delivered yesterday but something when wrong and ended in a wrong place.
The black Stagecoach have cleared customs in London so should arrive next week.
The dead chicken was spotted in Miami Airport.
Ha, I was wondering about the location of the dead chicken. Hope you don't have to wait much longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken