Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Bob, that hat is fantastic. Thanks for the info, I'm giving Brad a call today. It's hard to find a Milan or straw for that matter with those crown proportions. I have several of their hats, one a 100% beaver in an Indy bash made a few years ago. Again, thanks.

Joe
Your very wlcm. Just hope it doesn't look too "cartoony." Shane did me right. That beaver must b nice. I'm considering PB for my first beaver...

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Grats Bob!!!!...that is a fine looking lid!!!! I haven't really found a straw I like to wear yet. Still wearing felts. That might be the one!!!! Going to go check them out.

Thank you! I too, can not (and wont) put away my furs. I try to wear em whenever possible. That was the only straw I would consider buying for this summer. Shane is the hatmaker so speak to him if you'd like.

photogravity

One of the Regulars
Neither bowler nor homburg as it hasn't a curled brim edge.
It's fairly obviously a fedora because of the snap brim and soft crown.

Definitely a fedora. I really like when people mess up the descriptions on stuff they sell on eBay. My first Knox was advertised as a damaged bowler and I ended up getting it for an incredibly low price as a result.

el_ote

Familiar Face
Just put in an order for Panama Bobs Cuenca Sombrero De Paja Toquilla in Natural. I emailed him earlier and was told a 2" brim was doable. Pretty stoked to get a good summer hat!
now i need some summer duds to help show it off!

- Elías O.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just put in an order for Panama Bobs Cuenca Sombrero De Paja Toquilla in Natural. I emailed him earlier and was told a 2" brim was doable. Pretty stoked to get a good summer hat!
now i need some summer duds to help show it off!

- Elías O.

Hi, mind if I ask what email address you used?

el_ote

Familiar Face
ok, i think im good then... tropicalBob, are you trying to scare me? i ordered late last night/this morning so it may not be seen in the system till Monday...
i got my questions regarding color and brim answered pretty quickly through email.

- Elías O.

I finally pulled the trigger on a Bluegrass Green Campdraft from Akubra (ordered through Everything Australian). With it being the weekend it'll probably be a day or two before I receive my love letter from them confirming my order, and maybe another day or two before it ships; time will tell. :D
As of this afternoon, I'm no longer waiting for my hat. :D

Well... what do u think?
Well, it's the first time I haven't been somewhat surprised by the actual color of the felt. lol It's what I expected, but maybe a little darker. Other than that, it's a Campdraft. [huh] My wife and I had dinner plans this evening so I haven't had too much time to play with it yet, and I haven't had the opportunity to see it in direct sunlight. After we returned from dinner I gave the crown a preliminary crease, and this hat definitely didn't want to be creased quite as low as my other two Campdrafts so it might be 1/2-3/4" taller; I don't know yet if that'll be a good or a bad thing. Out of the box it fits just a little loose like my other Campdrafts, so I'm sure I'll have to use my hat jack in a week or two (after the sweatband shrinks) to stretch it out a little.

I like it but, just like my other hats, I'll have to live with it for a while to find out how much. ;)

Well, it appears that, as of a few minutes ago, I'm waiting on this.

I think it had only been out there for about 30 minutes, so I snapped it up before somebody else could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe