Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you want for your birthday?

Vanessa

One Too Many
Michael Best said:
CW8011.jpg

a 1964 Yellow Vespa

I wanted this little beauty for 5 years now. Never had the extra money to buy her before and probably won't for a few more years but it's won't stop me from dreaming :rolleyes:

*sniffle*

I want a Vespa, too.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
magneto said:
Oh, that's such a modest wish...if I'm to have booze, I'd like it "gift wrapped" inside a nice mint 1930s Westinghouse icebox please :)

Okay, how about a real fine well dressed fella in a 3 piece suit, spats, and a NICE hat holding my booze?
Good enough wrapping? ;)

LD

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
This is my fantasy birthday wish list:

Moleskine sketchbook
A new set of Oil paints
Lush Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Hair treatment, Henna, etc.
Books (I have a huge reading list, and books are something I always wish for but never receive)
A record player (or the parts to build one, that would be fun)
A soldering Iron (and solder)
A power saw
A new bass and amp (my old ones are in Canada, I miss them).
A new electric guitar (pickups on mine are on the fritz).
Some sheet music.
A Playstation (1 or 2, doesn't matter)
And Guitar Hero (I and II, along with the guitar. I am obsessed with this game and can only play it at other people's houses).
A new dress and a new pair of shoes
Enough yarn to make a new sweater, and buttons
An embroidery set from Sublime Stitching.

Wait, scratch all that. My ultimate birthday wish is to win the lottery so that I can buy all of that and a house in Brooklyn too, and pay all of my tuition. I'm sticking with that.

Lady Blue

Familiar Face
hmm so many things I want:
1) a piano-a real one. If I had the space I would ask for a baby grand, but really an upright will do
2) another custom fedora to round out my growing collection
3) a trip to Europe-specifically Austria, France and Italy
4) a spa day with hairstyling the vintage way and new vintage outfit complete for night on the town!

ahh we can dream can't we?

Miss Match

New in Town
1) A walking foot for my sewing machine. It's a neat little device that makes sewing velvet MUCH easier.

2) Chocolate. Then again, I'll gladly take chocolate at any time of the year.

3) Just about any type of sewing supply. I love sewing!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
Okay, how about a real fine well dressed fella in a 3 piece suit, spats, and a NICE hat holding my booze?
Good enough wrapping? ;)

LD
Now that's my kind of present! I'll take one of those too please:)

I'd also like the perfect 30's glamour gown to wear on my first date with said man, one that makes me look 30 pounds lighter would be an added bonus.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Well, it's tomorrow. And the biggest thing I can think of right now is a healthy family. If I were to get that, I'd feel like the most fortunate person on this planet.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
My birthday is 9 months away, but if I could have anything I'd choose Leenya, whom I just saw as Jenny in Sondheim's Company on Broadway. Seeing her sing, play violin, guitar and bass was a beautiful thing. She's the feature in my mind's elegant hot dance orchestra these days.

w_fiddle_and_others.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe