Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

That said, JW black is my go-to for work functions; every bar carries it and it's a choice that lets folks know I won't settle for swill, but also am classy enough not to order top shelf on someone else's dime (How's that for their next ad slogan?)

I don't see anything un-classy about ordering a middle of the road scotch when someone else offers. I certainly don't feel the need to settle for JW.

Tonight I'm not enjoying so much a fairly sh*tty merlot from bainbridge or woodbridge or something like that. It was a gift and there was nothing else left in the house but that or a reisling, also a gift.

Oh well, any port in a storm, so they say.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Obviously you have been buying your port somewhere where you shouldn't lol lol

Can't find ANYwhere to buy it around here. The laws governing %abv changed around here recently, so higher content wines can now be sold anywhere, not just the state liquor stores. At least in the state stores, every store carries the same inventory, but at the only grocery store near me that carries any only has the cheap kind. May as well just get mad dog. The wine/beer manager there said no one ever bought it so they quit stocking it. Kind of a bummer, too, because this is definately good port weather.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Can't find ANYwhere to buy it around here. The laws governing %abv changed around here recently, so higher content wines can now be sold anywhere, not just the state liquor stores. At least in the state stores, every store carries the same inventory, but at the only grocery store near me that carries any only has the cheap kind. May as well just get mad dog. The wine/beer manager there said no one ever bought it so they quit stocking it. Kind of a bummer, too, because this is definately good port weather.

So you have government sponsored alcohol thievery there eh? I feel sorry for you. I keep forgetting that I can go to the local BevMo and buy whatever I want whenever I want. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley