Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

SGB

One of the Regulars
Avo Uvezian

My local smokeshop had a Davidoff event today, smokes, wine, etc. The special surprise was Avo Uvezian was there. The shop didn't know he was coming until this morning, so the word didn't get out much. I had stopped at their other store and was told of the event and that Avo was there, so I went over with the cigar I had brought to smoke that day, not knowing there was even an event...a 10 year old Davidoff. The local Davidoff rep and the national manager both enjoyed seeing my old cigar, and it smoked real nice. I did buy a box of AVO Signature Double Coronas, so as to get Avo to sign the box. My wife is in the music business so we talked a lot about music, he was very friendly and generous with his time. A very enjoyable afternoon, one which I didn't expect at all.

SGB

ortega76

Practically Family
Finished off a freshly rolled cigar from a friend's wedding that I wasn't able to attend. The couple had a cigar roller and they were kind enough to send me a small care package.

RedPop4

One Too Many
That's a nice deal, Ortega.
I find the Toraño Signature to be a medium-mild, especially compared to their Exodus 1959 line. If you didn't taste the cedary "notes" don't sweat it. Each smoker brings their own tastes, tastebuds, location, environment, etc. to the smoking experience.

warbird said:
Personally I find the ISOM SP's to be salty tasting, not to my personal liking. I do like the LGC. They have several small ring guage, longewr smokes, panatelas and such. Good smoke for the couple I have tried.

A while back Tommy gave me a Vegas Robaina, a great cigar IMO. Very nice smoke. James, you tried a Bolivar Belicoso Fino? Ahhh yes, my fav.

No I haven't but I do like the Bolivar Library edition I got so likely I would like the Belicoso. :D

unknown-2.jpg

Tuesday's Camacho Diadema

RedPop4 said:
This weekend I smoked two sample cigars for a Cigar Weekly blind review. I don't know what they were, yet. But they're lovely dark wrapped, not maduro, perfectos.

Nice. I smoked two for my own review. ;) :p
I was quite surprised at the El Ray Del Mundo (Don't get excited it was Honduran:p ) robusto size. I forget the exact whizz bang name but I liked it. It started mild and that was clearly a deception. :eek: Smooth flavors with a great draw. The cap was well done and the wrapper was nice and smooth. The wife didn't even complain about it being a stinky cigar. ;)
I have not heard much about this cigar brand and it is much to the detriment of cigar lovers everywhere. No monetary compensation involved either. ;)
The second was the complete opposite. A Punch Robusto size. Clearly it wasn't of the Cuban variety. :rolleyes: It started with a burnt paper and charred wood taste---ending on a soapy note. Decent draw but poorly wrapped with soft spots under the wrapper and bulges. :eek: It barely held an 1" of ash. :eusa_doh: Two thumbs down on this one.

RedPop4

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
I was quite surprised at the El Ray Del Mundo (Don't get excited it was Honduran:p ) robusto size. I forget the exact whizz bang name but I liked it. It started mild and that was clearly a deception. :eek: Smooth flavors with a great draw. The cap was well done and the wrapper was nice and smooth. The wife didn't even complain about it being a stinky cigar. ;)
I have not heard much about this cigar brand and it is much to the detriment of cigar lovers everywhere. No monetary compensation involved either. ;)
The second was the complete opposite. A Punch Robusto size. Clearly it wasn't of the Cuban variety. :rolleyes: It started with a burnt paper and charred wood taste---ending on a soapy note. Decent draw but poorly wrapped with soft spots under the wrapper and bulges. :eek: It barely held an 1" of ash. :eusa_doh: Two thumbs down on this one.
There's a fair bit of talk about both brands around the boards.
They're made in the same factory, which is quite interesting.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I struggled with another Gurkha last night.
Gave up about half way through. Not worth
fighting a bad draw if the flavor isn't full.

I did like a perfecto Gurkha I had from last month's
CI Cigar of the Month club, so the brand's not all bad.

rikrdo

A-List Customer
jamespowers said:

El Rey Del Mundo
is a very solid line.

Of note are their Rectangulares and the Choix Supreme. The former in Maduro and the latter in a beautiful Connecticut Shade wrapper.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
Did you try the Black Dragon yet? I haven't but I just wondered what it was like. :D
Nope, not yet. Sounds like something I'd like,
but CI only offers them in boxes of 20-40, and
that's too many for a taste. Post a report when
you get one!

RedPop4 said:
There's a fair bit of talk about both brands around the boards.
They're made in the same factory, which is quite interesting.

Well, the Punch must have been made from table scraps of the other brands then. :eusa_doh: When I cut the cap off, There were stems coming up through the tobacco filler. Junk as far as I am concerned. [huh]
The El Rey was much, much, much better. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
What is your experience oh great cigar guru? :D ;)

feltfan said:
Nope, not yet. Sounds like something I'd like,
but CI only offers them in boxes of 20-40, and
that's too many for a taste. Post a report when
you get one!

Yeah right. The next ones are my list are from the tester at ryjradio.com. ;) :D Not bad for:
1 No. 2
1 Toro
1 Churchill
1 Robusto
of the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Line. I also ordered in a Bauza from Fuente for their $2.50 offer.
These are prices I can manage as testers. ;) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe