Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you Musicians wearing?

openroad

New in Town
Just wondering if any musicians were here and what are you wearing.
Does your suit change for different engagements?
And do you ever take you jackets off while playing?

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Back when I was playing music for a living we always dressed for the occasion. We were a blues/jazz showband who never took the stage without a spiffy suit, though they were usually more lounge-lizard modern than retro. I've even gone so far as to buy matching instruments for the entire band.

I've personally always preferred bands that dressed the part, whether it be Heavy Metal leather & chains, or C&W Nudie Suits. I find nothing more visually boring than a performer in street clothes, especially jeans (or worse, shorts) and t-shirts.

l_b0e3147bec375d1610861e7db663ab87.jpg

Bassman

A-List Customer
Craig Robertson said:
Actually, it is. Fretless, custom made by Joel Eckhaus of Ernest Instruments. My bass player likes it a lot.

/MUD_thatdress_lg.mov"]That Dress[/URL]

I've got a similar, small fretless like that one made by Ashbory. Your bass player is probably hip to it.
It has silicone rubber strings and a BIG sound.;)

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
Bassman said:
I've got a similar, small fretless like that one made by Ashbory. Your bass player is probably hip to it.
It has silicone rubber strings and a BIG sound.;)

Yeah, it has the same strings and the same scale as an Ashbory. I also play bass...mostly on recordings anymore. This is the new bass I had made for me.
greenbass2.jpg

I prefer a 34" scale.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
A noble effort for sure, but if you don't mind some constructive criticism: high waisted trousers like those worn by the fellas in your avatar would look so much better. (It also bothers me to see someone wear both suspenders and a belt, but to each his own.)

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
KeyGrip said:

That looks great. I like the blending of the old and the new, rather than just strictly having everything vintage. I think we live in a time where we can really draw inspiration from all the past time periodes; picking the things that work and adding new things that work.

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
Luke 42 said:
Hello! Does your band have a website? I guess you make interesting music!
No independent website yet, but we do have a Myspace page. If posting this link is inappropriate, please let me know. I should mention that the songs there were recorded before we had a dedicated drummer. We sound fairly different now; louder and with more energy. Hopefully new recordings will happen soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe