Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Collecting - Ever ask why?

mumpy

A-List Customer
It says something more about the person than about jacket collecting. It is manifestation of something inside of you. Not necessarily a bad thing though. When you feel the urge to buy something in the moment and unless it is something you can’t ignore (great deal, vintage jacket etc.) my suggestion is to sleep on it. I find that a few weeks later I barely even remember wanting to buy that particular jacket to begin with.

Another approach I use is to spend my jacket budget on something else. Like for example on the house hold/family etc.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I don't think so. At least not if the details are different. I wouldn't be happy with one jacket because I don't want to look the same every day. Of course, there's something to be said for wearing ‘one’ jacket day in, day out, like Indiana Jones, but I'm not the type for that.
I think you misunderstood the point is one crosszip not one leather jacket, you know except for A1 there are no members here with one leather jacket.

what I mean if I want a new denim jacket for example I will ask myself what's wrong with the ones I already have, I already have 1 indigo-black type 3, 1 sashiko type 3, and a custom slub type 2, do I need another denim jacket, do I have the chance to wear it since beyond denim jacket I love wearing my leather jackets, and my field jacket, and sometime the day is too hot for jackets and I only wear overshirt or vest,

and then I try to find out what part of that denim jacket that actually caught my attention , it turns out to be the slant chess pockets on the slant yoke, then I realized I don't need a denim jacket but I want slant chest pocket and I browse for western shirt with slant chest pockets exactly that detail I wanted for example.

Last edited:

tweedydon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was going to post about how I’m thinking of cutting down till I saw you were thinking of selling, Aero_Fan….. and we’re about the same size…!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've bought jackets in the past just because I've been curious about them and know that living in Australia, I'd never get to see one first hand out in the wild, let alone try one on!

So I've bought them, checked them out, worn them a few times knowing full well I'd most likely sell them later, I just look at the slight loss in money as effectively renting it.

I am really jealous a lot of you guys can just walk into a store that sells these brands and have a look at them, you don't know how lucky you are.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I've bought jackets in the past just because I've been curious about them and know that living in Australia, I'd never get to see one first hand out in the wild, let alone try one on!

So I've bought them, checked them out, worn them a few times knowing full well I'd most likely sell them later, I just look at the slight loss in money as effectively renting it.

I am really jealous a lot of you guys can just walk into a store that sells these brands and have a look at them, you don't know how lucky you are.
it has to be the liner material, leather jacket shell itself doesn't really make you warm PN, but if the liner is wool or quilted then the jacket is unwearable in hot climate like my country too, and also pockets, I like to have zip pockets on my jackets because just by wearing the jacket with open zip pocket the air circulation is much much better like opening the air scoop on your full face helmet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niicorobin246