Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

And here's Rick Danko, Janis, Marmaduke Dawson, Garcia and Weir in a marvelous drunken sing-a-long... Ain't No More Cane
That comes from that short train tour they were all on together, although I was thinking that was just a bit earlier than 1970.

Janis could really sing the blues. I wish that Ann Wilson would give it a try. She certainly has the voice for it but I don't think she wants to be identified with it. I wish Beth Hart would do some of the songs Janis did.

Even Big Mama Thornton gave a lot of credit to Janis for the success of Ball and Chain.

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
That comes from that short train tour they were all on together, although I was thinking that was just a bit earlier than 1970.

Janis could really sing the blues. I wish that Ann Wilson would give it a try. She certainly has the voice for it but I don't think she wants to be identified with it. I wish Beth Hart would do some of the songs Janis did.

Even Big Mama Thornton gave a lot of credit to Janis for the success of Ball and Chain.

Yeah... Janis was beautiful in that she sang like the music sang her (if that makes any sense). Just totally into it... Almost as if her whole person would take flight into the music.

Fantastic Big Momma Thornton! And yeah... Ann Wilson would be able to crush the blues. I need to check out Beth Hart. I've never listened to her.

That five day festival was a mere 3 months before Janis's 10/04 death. Buddy Guy, The Band, The Dead, Janis, Maria Muldaur, Flying Burrito Brothers, New Riders of the Purple Sage, etc... Crazy line-up.

Here is the whole Festival Express documentary. It is tremendously fun and includes a great jam session with a bunch of the participants at the end. There are worse ways to spend an hour and a half of time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82