Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you listening to?

DNO

One Too Many
But when I'm feeling funky, I turn to these guys...the Shuffle Demons!

The video has about 8 seconds of black at the beginning.

[video=youtube;KZnLjRi_g9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZnLjRi_g9o[/video]

Oh, rue and HD, you guys made my day. I love seeing that good ole Country-Western when I come on here!

Ironically, on the Don Williams note, this song is on the radio right now.

[video=youtube;wSYgk2eNLt4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSYgk2eNLt4[/video]

Blasphemy!

..Better..I'm just not much into alot of country music....[huh]

Somewhere around the time Garth Brooks entered the scene, things started to change for the worse in Country Music. I like Garth Brooks, but something about his style brought too much 'pop' into it. Now, you have these yahoo N'Sync rejects throwing on a flannel shirt and a cowboy hat, buyin' a pickup truck and callin' themselves country.

Where I come from, Country Singers were well-dressed, even if it were eccentric (nudie suits) and were real characters, driving around in fancy Cadillacs, perhaps adorned with cattle horns across the grille. They didn't drive around in the same beat up old pickup that I drive!

They also had real talent and voices all their own. You could turn on the radio and know before the announcer came on that you were listening to George Jones, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Conway Twitty, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Dottie West, etc, etc. Now, they all sound the same and you don't know who's singing what until you hear them say 'This was Josh Wannaben'syncrejectguy singing "I drive a pickup truck and grew up on a farm, so listen to my song". No talent.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now!

rue

Blasphemy!

Somewhere around the time Garth Brooks entered the scene, things started to change for the worse in Country Music. I like Garth Brooks, but something about his style brought too much 'pop' into it. Now, you have these yahoo N'Sync rejects throwing on a flannel shirt and a cowboy hat, buyin' a pickup truck and callin' themselves country.

Where I come from, Country Singers were well-dressed, even if it were eccentric (nudie suits) and were real characters, driving around in fancy Cadillacs, perhaps adorned with cattle horns across the grille. They didn't drive around in the same beat up old pickup that I drive!

They also had real talent and voices all their own. You could turn on the radio and know before the announcer came on that you were listening to George Jones, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Conway Twitty, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Dottie West, etc, etc. Now, they all sound the same and you don't know who's singing what until you hear them say 'This was Josh Wannaben'syncrejectguy singing "I drive a pickup truck and grew up on a farm, so listen to my song". No talent.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now!

It's not just country it's all of them. Although Country music held on as long as it could to the old ways, eventually it became as main stream as anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun